As Vodafone continues to evolve, our commitment to innovation has never been greater. Already the world’s leading mobile telecommunications company , our goal is to pioneer a world of total communications solutions, where fixed, mobile, voice and data will all become one. And with approximately 407 million customers to cater for across the globe, there has never been a better time to jump on board.
At Vodafone, we don’t just produce innovative products, we develop amazing people too. We’re a brand that loves change – if it’s not happening naturally then we’re creating it ourselves. It’s in our DNA to push forward, to create a better future, to never rest and find new ways that help people communicate. That’s the lifeblood that runs throughout Vodafone. We are driven to empower people. We are committed to helping our people perform at their best and achieve their full potential.
The role of Advanced Analytics Technology Lead will be a key position within the Group Commercial, Big Data team in Athens.
The Advanced Analytics Technology Lead provides expert guidance and delivers through self and others to:
- Identify the local data sources that need to be used in order to enable advanced analytics, and manage the local process to access and automate the extraction of the data to the shared analytics platform.
- Deploy and integrate Advanced Analytics solutions into the local technology landscape, including managing the possible integration to any local systems.
This role provides a critical bridge between data scientists, BI, Network and the Information Technology communities (both locally and globally). Their initial task will be to help mobilise advanced analytics in country, and evolve this into a high-performing technology capability over time.
As Advanced Analytics Technology Lead your main responsibilities will involve:
- Accountable for the local tech delivery plan for all the Programme activities and their subsequent implementation
- Leads the sourcing and integration of data between country systems and group Advanced Analytics platforms.
- Leads the deployment of models into the local technology landscape to enable commercial success
- Accountable to ensure that local deployment of solutions and use cases is aligned with Group architecture and guidelines
- Accountable for managing the local technology budget required for implementing the local aspects of the Big Data & Advanced Analytics Programme
- Ensures the local operational support of the local components of the Advanced Analytics architecture
As Advanced Analytics Technology Lead your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Solid experience and expertise across data integration and data management
- Technical delivery of analytics solutions with high data volumes in a commercial environment (ideally Hadoop)
- Experience delivering complex programmes and managing a variety of stakeholders across distributed organisations
- Integration of end-to-end solutions into complex IT landscapes
- Experience with different database structures, including Hadoop and SQL
- Experience with data warehousing, campaign managers, visualisation tools
- Hands on expertise with Big Data technologies, machine learning algorithms and distributed programming (preferred)
Here at Vodafone, we aim to create a working culture that is inclusive to all and believe that having a diverse workforce which reflects our global footprint will help us meet the needs of our globally diverse customers. We do not condone unfair treatment of any kind and offer equal opportunities for all aspects of employment and advancement regardless of race, nationality, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or religious or political belief.
Our vision is to have an inclusive culture which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of the diversity of our people. Therefore, we want people from all walks of life to come and join us in the Vodafone family. We want to attract the best talent there is globally – whoever they are, wherever they come from and whatever professional background and experience they have.
Για να καταθέσετε αίτηση κάντε κλικ εδώ
* The company has reposted this job opening in the past:
Big Data Advanced Analytics Technology Lead – Vodafone (19/05/2017)