The Business Development Manager operates as member of a sales team and is primarily responsible for achievement of sales targets and the implementation of the sales strategies as set out by the management. The Business Development Manager is responsible for driving the sales cycle from initial contact to signing of the deal, and then maintaining a good client relationship, as well as take part in market analysis and relationship building with senior management and key opinion leaders in the banking and financial services sectors.
- Achieve sales targets established by the Territory Sales Manager or Regional Director.
- Prepare and execute a territory sales plan in accordance with Temenos strategy. Maintain a rolling pipeline of at least 3x annual target.
- Focus on more complex business problems, generally without day-to-day supervision or direction. Provides guidance and advice to others in case of complex issues during the sales cycle.
- Has strong proficiency in the tools, systems, and procedures required.
- Start and manage the full sales cycle, coordinating pre-sales and other specialist resources as needed. Work with the lead pre-sales resource to ensure professional engagement with the prospect to fully understand their requirements, deliver quality proposals that emphasize Temenos strengths.
- Manage the sales cycle in accordance with the TAS methodology and ensure T-Force and TAS Dealmaker are up to date at all stages.
- Negotiate, or assist in the negotiations (depending on the deal size), on terms and conditions of the sales and service agreements. * Assist in market research and build perspective client profiles with respect to their current systems, potential future software investments and strategies, and key decision makers. Perform competition analysis with respect to strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats.
- Build long-term relationships and referrals with potential clients in the banking and financial services sectors, and establish and continue relationships with primary alliance partners and identify new market and growth opportunities to build a strong sales pipeline.
- Perform such other duties, functions and services, consistent with status or vocational ability, as may from time to time be required.
- Sales skills:
- Proven track record of sales and achievement of sales targets in the banking and financial services sectors, and substantial relevant experience within the same domain (7 years or more).
- Able to deal with people at all levels within an organization, and show and demonstrate negotiating skills with key decision makers.
- Demonstrate good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills to establish interest, trust and credibility.
- Technical skills: Good understanding of banking operations and relevant processes (front, middle, back office), thorough understanding of IT processes and implementations from both functional and technical perspectives.
- Educational & Proficiency level: Preferably a university education in relevant business disciplines, preferably with a post-graduate degree.
- Languages: Excellent command of English and the local language, both spoken and written.
- Other: Self motivated, ambitious, independent, organised, focused and be able to multi-task.