In L’Oréal, for more than a century, we have devoted our energy, our passion and our competencies solely to one business: beauty. It is a business rich in meaning, as it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others.
L’Oréal has set itself the mission of offering all women and men worldwide, the best of cosmetics innovation- in terms of quality, efficacy and safety- by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world.
In L’Oréal Greece, we are a team of more than 600 employees, and we mostly specialize in the fields of marketing, business development, finance, supply chain, accounting, customer service, HR…
The position reports into Business Planner Manager of the Consumer Product Division. Business Planner is responsible for ensuring Division business building accuracy by following and challenging KAMs sales monthly forecasts, on baseline promotions and launches.
The main accountabilities of this position are the following:
- Develop deep customer knowledge on supply rules and policy, timelines, stock equation…
- Aggregate the total sales forecasts in units and consolidated sales, then analyse all available facts and figures to identify potential gaps
- Communicate objective feedback, propose adjustment to key stakeholders (GM, Sales, Supply and Finance) and validate the sales forecasts, lead the sales forecast monthly meeting
- Ensure Division business building accuracy by following and challenging KAMs sales monthly forecasts, on baseline promotions and launches.
- Report to the business Sales Department / Division on the analysis of market trends, business performance and its levers, and make recommendations
- Collect / analyse sell-in/sell-out data
- Shape and disseminate analyses and syntheses to help decision makers to drive business activity
- Cross-reference data from the sales force, market studies (internal and external) and marketing in order to have a comprehensive overall understanding of the business
Qualifications & Skills
- 2 – 3 years of relevant experience, preferably in FMCGs and Beauty Industry
- Winning spirit
- Problem Solving Ability
- Excellent Communication and Influencing
- Excellent use of MS Office
- Ability to think from a broad Business Perspective, strategically and out of the box thinking, team player, planning & organisational skills, creative, focus on growth
- Experience within multinational environment will be considered an asset