In L’Oréal, for more than a century, we have devoted our energy, our passion and our competencies solely to one business: beauty. It is a business rich in meaning, as it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others.
L’Oréal has set itself the mission of offering all women and men worldwide, the best of cosmetics innovation- in terms of quality, efficacy and safety- by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world.
Our Company is present in 140 countries with more than 89.300 employees and 34 international complementary brands, like L’Oréal Paris, Garnier, Maybelline, Nyx Professional Make-up, L’Oréal Professionnel, Kérastase, Redken, Matrix, Essie, Lancôme, Biotherm, Helena Rubinstein, Yves Saint Laurent, Giorgio Armani, Ralph Lauren, Cacharel, Vichy, La Roche-Posay etc.
In L’Oréal Greece, we are a team of more than 600 employees, and we mostly specialize in the fields of marketing, business development, finance, supply chain, accounting, customer service, HR…
The position reports into Marketing Director of the Consumer Product Division.
Category Manager is responsible for the development of the product portfolio of the category (innovation and renovation of pillars) and the consumer relationship to ensure continued worldwide growth for the brand.
The main accountabilities of this position are the following:
- Define brand development strategy for the category consistent with the brand’s sense of purpose
- Propose the 3-year marketing plan for the category brand portfolio, strategic innovations and growth of pillar-products
- Create an integrated, engaging and consistent consumer brand experience and suggest marketing mix strategies (IMC/360/Digital/Retail)
- Monitor the development of communication materials (imagery, digital, point of sale) consistent with the brand’s sense of purpose
- Monitor the entire product development process in line with the Sharing Beauty with all commitments, ensuring close collaboration with other departments (R&I, industry, packaging, etc.)
- Exchange constantly with the zones and strategic countries for the category to ensure alignment with the global marketing strategy
- Build, develop and manage a strong and talented team. Inspire and develop their expertise and know-how
- Effectively prepare clear messages to present to senior management
- Guarantee the brand identity: ensure that all actions are in line with the sense of purpose while nourishing the brand
- Guarantee the proper implementation of launches
- Work closely with the zones and strategic countries to anticipate regional specific needs to build the 3-year marketing plan for the category
- Identify among the local innovations the ones with global potential
- Accompany the zones in the proper roll-out of the implementation kits
Qualifications & Skills
- 2 – 3 years of relevant experience, preferably in FMCGs and Beauty Industry
- Proven experience in leading teams
- Proven track record
- Winning spirit
- Media handling experience both in leading creative briefs and allocating media budgets
- Digital savvy
- Problem solving ability
- Excellent communication and influencing
- Ability to think from a broad Business Perspective, strategically and out-of-the box, team player, planning & organizational skills, creative, focus on growth
- Trade marketing previous experience and / or commercial background will be considered an asset
- Experience within multinational environment will be considered an asset