Global Sales Marketing and Operations (GSMO) Finance is driving shareholder value in 60 subsidiaries and carries the local accountability for the financials as well as statutory and compliance matters across all segments and products. We:
- Land the company vision around the transformation of our business, consumption and customer orientation in the subsidiaries and externally.
- Drive strategic resource allocation and investments through local insights, ensuring optimal returns aligned with our worldwide strategy. Key focus is on New Business with an industry and workload perspective.
- Build trust to lay the foundation of long-term growth from a customer and shareholder point of view in a compliant way.
- Empower and inspire our people to lead and be part of top performing teams while providing diverse career opportunities.
Microsoft CEE (Central and Eastern Europe) is one of the 14 WW AREAs within Microsoft and is working through 8 subsidiaries which are covering 33 countries. This role is part of the AREA finance team and is having an impact across all the subsidiaries. Microsoft is a key enabler of the market IT growth through solid partnership with Governments, Enterprise and small and medium companies. Microsoft CEE is a truly global finance team and you will be part of the WW community of Compliance Managers to make each other great and build on each other.
The Compliance Manager is responsible for establishing a culture of compliance in the subsidiary by articulating the importance of compliance to senior management and driving the right tone at the top. The successful candidate builds strong support for the compliance agenda by the leadership and the business by establishing a structure and compliance checks and coaching them on key compliance risks and processes to drive compliance deep into the organization.
Culture & Behavior
You have a growth mindset, act as an entrepreneur that drives business impact, and continuously learn and innovate. You have a capability to actively contribute and build strong collaboration within diverse and virtual teams. You are action oriented and able to build and deliver strong results through others beyond the team as well.
You are experienced in risk prioritization and management and passionate about doing business in a compliant way. You are nimble in understanding new local requirements and business models and the new compliance risks associated with these.
Microsoft values and ethical behavior are a corner stone in our culture.
Being a people manager, you build a high performing, diverse and talented finance team. You are focused on both the individuals as well as the team dimension to attract, develop and retain.
- Establish compliance as a foundational & cultural pillar of doing business in your organization. Lead by example, ensure strict adherence to policies, supported by strong tone at the top and efficient compliance governance process with regular monitoring.
- Provide compliance leadership, consulting services, and monitoring in support of managements business objectives and their responsibility to mitigate risk.
- Implement a structure of Business & Finance Compliance champs in the sub; train them on driving good tone and investigating red flags and dashboard indicators.
- Use the Compliance Advisory Board meetings to push compliance with the Country Manager, Legal and HR, and orchestrate the remediation of compliance issues.
- Conduct deep data analytics to focus the compliance efforts on the highest risk areas, leveraging the available global standard reports.
- Identify and address geo-specific risks not covered in the global Compliance framework
- Continuous feedback loop with EY (controls testing) and Corp C&C and also Accenture (e.g. Buy Center) to improve the risk elimination achieved by the 3rd party work.
- Monitor and direct the landing of Corp-led strategic projects by the business, validating what is agreed is being executed and the right segregation of duties is in place
- Leverage Corp teams to escalate and address compliance risks in non-GSMO entities in your geo
Key indicators of success
- Number of issues proactively identified (rather than after the fact)
- Full process remediation -> no recurring Internal Audit issues + improved C&C dashboard results
- Quality and timelines of landing Corp projects
Qualifications & Skills
- 15+ years of active experience in similar role (big four accounting firms, internal audit roles in large multinational companies)
- 15+ years of experience in finance / finance leadership positions
- Experience in Governance, Compliance & Risk Management as well as Statutory, Accounting, Controlling, Tax is preferred
- Fluent in English
- Willing to travel on frequent basis mainly within the region
- BA/BS or MBA degree in Finance, Economics, CPA/CA/CIA/CFE preferred