Signal Ocean is a well-funded, AI-powered B2B SaaS start-up developing technology products for the maritime transportation sector. We bring together in-depth sector expertise with world-class applied data science to deliver information and decision support tools to professionals in shipping and related commodity trading industries.
We are currently looking for an exceptional Data Operations Team Leader who will organize and lead one of our data operations teams. Being one of the first individuals to occupy this role, you will get an excellent chance to influence the organization, the tools and the processes that will consistently produce the high performance that we are looking for.
The position will report to our Chief Strategy Officer (CSO). The ideal candidate will possess formidable attention to detail, mastery in the technologies and processes of data management, high levels of curiosity and entrepreneurial intuition, a can-do attitude and strong people- and customer-centric mindset.
- Organise and manage a team tasked with data curation and quality assurance operations
- Be the best data curator of the team and lead by example
- Train and coach new team members, constantly providing guidance, support and feedback
- Be accountable for and manage team performance, setting and tracking ambitious yet achievable goals
- Take a leading role in the recruitment and retention for the team
- Be the owner of team processes and systems; continuously measure, track and improve these
- Create a high-performance, high-engagement culture
Qualifications & Skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering
- 2+ years experience in leading operations, e.g. in banking, telecoms or relevant field; direct experience in data management a strong advantage
- Strong analytical, data and technology skills
- Proven organization and leadership skills; planning and prioritising effectively workload
- Ability to communicate effectively, with great interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Competitive salary and up to 10% or 15% bonus (depending on seniority)
- Opportunity to work in a young, driven team with an exciting, global vision in the highly entrepreneurial domain of Shipping
- Private pension and health insurance