Interamerican, as a leader in the Greek insurance market, is looking for a Data Scientist to be incorporated into its newly established Analytics Centre of Excellence. The Analytics Centre of Excellence, situated in Athens, aims to promote the analytics competencies even further in the organization in order to embed them in the day to day processes of all business’s aspects.
The ideal candidate will adapt quickly and take ownership of his/her work, will possess expert-level knowledge of a wide variety of data science tasks and solution techniques and will be able to share his/her expertise and bring more ideas on the subject. This role will act as a key point of analytical support for various departments in the company and the analyses will critically impact the decision making.
Specifically, the job-holder will be asked to:
- Use statistical, algorithmic, data mining, and visualization techniques to model complex problems, discover actionable business insights, and identify opportunities
- Develop segmentations across customer base by applying techniques such as clustering and classification
- Develop and design advanced predictive analysis models for several uses in the core business of the organization e.g. identify customer retention, cross-sell and acquisition opportunities
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the predictive models
- Build new predictive models by applying Machine Learning algorithms.
- Monitor and predict customer behavior by using web analytics data
- Understand business problems and translate them into data analysis problems
- Report the key findings by writing explanatory reports helping the organization take decisions
Qualifications & Skills
- A minimum of a BSc degree in Business Analytics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in analytics & developing models using statistical methods
- Strong experience in working with the statistical software of SAS (Enterprise Guide and Miner).
- Experience in at least one data analytics language like R or Python will be a plus
- Proven experience in some or all of the above areas of analysis and hands-on familiarity on statistical modelling, regression analysis, classification, clustering
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Group Medical insurance
- Pension scheme
- Excellent working environment
- Excellent career prospects