In Velti we believe that success is driven by constant innovation, R&D and investment in the technology trends. To achieve this we are enhancing our products with sophisticated, artificial intelligence algorithms, machine learning and big data analytics.
We also believe that a collaborative, creative culture, where every employee feels inspired to innovate and achieve is essential for our success. We therefore invest in the creation of a challenging, dynamic working environment, which offers a versatile learning experience to our people as well as significant opportunities for advancement.
Velti is looking for a Data Scientist to join the Business Intelligence and Analytics team based in Athens.
- Creating, testing and developing supervised machine learning algorithms such as Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forest, Adaptive Boosting, Support Vector Machines, ARIMA Models, according to the needs of each customer and the objectives of each project
- Creating unsupervised machine learning algorithms such as K-means, Hierarchical clustering, in order to ensure targeted and personalized communication strategy through specific marketing campaigns
- Applying statistical principles and techniques in order to support business decisions and evaluate live programs
- Working on designing and automatizing analyses with optimized data structures on high-performance columnar databases and visualization tools.
- Co-operating with technical teams in order to include machine learning techniques in the product development
- Co-operating with stakeholders of the project (project managers, presales and sales team) in order to assist data driven decision making and presented proposals to client in meeting and workshops
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in any Quantitative discipline (Statistics, Mathematics, Information Technology)
- Masters degree in Statistics / Operational Research / Data Science, or a related field associated with quantitative analysis, statistical theory or applied mathematics
- Experience of at least one year in a similar job
- Experience in implementing and deploying complex Machine Learning solutions (using various methods, such as Random forests, Bayesian networks, Kernel density estimation, principal components, Regression models, K means etc.)
- Very good knowledge and experience of R statistical programming and visualization language. Additional knowledge of Python and/or SPSS/ is preferred
- Familiar with tools for managing structured and unstructured data (SQL, OLAP, mongoDB, etc.) will be considered an asset
- Experience in effective visualization (Tableau, QlikView) is desired
- Excellent business analytical and problem solving skills
- A team player, excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills that can simplify complex ideas
If this position is of interest to you and matches your background and career needs, we cant wait to hear from you!