Beat is a mobile app that transforms the way people move in their cities. Tap on a button on your smartphone and you get a ride in just a few minutes.
Beat started its life as Taxibeat, 6 years ago in Europe and 3 years ago expanded its operations to Peru where it serves millions of rides every single month. Its great success was attested by the acquisition from Daimler A.G. and Beat is already establishing its position in South America with Chile being the latest new market and Colombia following soon.
Beat’s vision is to offer an affordable and efficient way for people to move in their cities.
How are we going to achieve that?
By constantly growing our world-class engineering team and developing projects such as car-pooling, and automated, real-time pricing. At the same time, we are constantly improving our processes seeking operational excellence, building a results-driven organization.
Do you like mind games? Can you see beyond the numbers? We are looking for a brilliant Fraud Lead to coordinate Beat’s Fraud team and help us identify, track and prevent fraud across products, platforms, and cities.
In this role you will be designing and executing processes intrigued by a deep and analytical understanding of our business. This can mean using data to drive insights that will help fuel the success of transactions at Beat.
- Coordinate and lead Beats Fraud team and be the main point of contact in Beat for all Fraud matters
- Plan & coordinate requests to Product team (Engineering) in order to improve fraud prevention & detection.
- Follow up and manage product requests to be properly implemented
- Apply your expertise in detecting and eliminating fraud across Beat marketplace
- Spot patterns, solve problems and identify risk potential of new product features
- Develop and implement new solutions that improve our ability to detect and prevent fraudulent activity
- Drive key performance metrics such as fraud losses, payment success rates, and support efficiency
- Influence cross-functional partners such as Growth & Operations team, to make product and process improvements
- Work with BI and Product to define goals, and influence product roadmap to reduce fraud
Qualifications & Skills
- 3+ year of working experience in quantitative field (statistics, math, computer science, business, or related disciplines)
2+ year of working experience managing and developing well-loved software products as a PM
Having experiences defining product roadmaps, building collaboratively with design and engineering peers, and shipping at scale is a plus
Strong analytical skillset and ability to translate quantitative findings into realistic action plans
Working experience with analytics tools and programming languages (SQL / Python / R ) will be considered as an asset
Ability to break down ambiguous problems, identify the key opportunities and then execute
Great presentation skills and agility in working with other teams and business stakeholders
Ability to take initiative in a fast paced work environment
- Competitive full-time salary
- Private Health Coverage on the Companys group program.
- Beat rides-travel in our city for free, at the tap of a button.
- Breakfast, high-quality daily lunch on a very low cost, fruit and snacks all day long
- Flexible working hours, top Line tools, Spanish Lessons
- Opportunities to participate in cutting-edge training and conferences of your choice in Greece and abroad
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry.
- Being part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company.