Alfa Beta Vassilopoulos Group is one of the largest retail chains with 279 Super Markets, 14 Cash & Carry, 90 franchise stores and more than 14 000 employees.
Alfa Beta is a member of Ahold Delhaize Group that operates a network of 22 companies in 3 continents (11 countries), 370 000 employees and is trusted by more than 50 million customers on a weekly basis.
The General Accounting Manager has direct reporting line to the Director of Financial Accounting and Tax, maintains accounting principles, practices and procedures so to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. Moreover, addresses a multitude of accounting activities, including general ledger preparation, monthly financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and provides support of budget and forecast activities.
- Obtains and maintains a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure so to ensure that results are in line with IFRS and company policy
- Confirms financial status, ensures that an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close is achieved and that all financial reporting deadlines are met
- Responds to inquiries from the CFO, the Director of Financial Accounting and other finance and company’’s managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and other relevant issues
- Assists in the development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department
- Works with direct reports to establish goals & objectives and to monitor and advice on the progress in order to enhance staff professional development
- Supports the department with special projects and workflow process improvements
- Manages a team to ensure that tasks are properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent
- 6-8 years of experience in a well-known Consulting Firm and/or in relevant areas of a large Greek or Multinational company
- Excellent command of English language, both written and spoken
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and SAP
- ACCA Accreditation
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking with emphasis on analytical & conceptual thinking
- Strong project management skills
- Proven problem solving skills, identifying new solutions
- Advanced communication skills, ability to build network & partnerships
- Strong leadership & managerial skills
The company offers a competitive remuneration package and excellent career prospects
Εταιρεία: ΑΒ Βασιλόπουλος
Επικοινωνία: Online at www.abcareers.gr quoting reference: (ref: GA_Manager)