Archirodon has an opening for a Procurement Category Manager.
The successful candidate will be part of the Procurement Department, based in the Athens office, working under the direction of the Procurement Director. He/she will be responsible to develop and implement Company Strategies for Strategic Products Categories globally and shall coordinate and supervise a team of Category Leads and Technical Experts who are based globally.
- Propose, on a yearly basis, a strategic roadmap of Category Management plan with main objectives, initiatives, saving targets and action plan.
- Create, implement and manage a Strategic Sourcing Plan for all the defined Categories to achieve the best commercial position for Archirodon Group’s worldwide activities.
- Perform market research and keep knowledge base of industry trends and analytic tools for identified categories.
- Develop astute commercial and pricing strategies to leverage on any of the procurement commercial / process / technical levers.
- Manage the Frame Agreement implementation and follow-up.
- Provide input to the Project and Tender Procurement Teams in the packaging strategy for services, based on the capability and capacity of the market.
- Work with internal key stakeholders and other departments in a close and collaborative manner whilst providing robust advice.
- Train, mentor and provide guidelines to the Category Management team on effective procurement processes and strategy.
Qualifications & Skills
- Have strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Have strong problem-solving skills: ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action.
- Are pro-active and have a “can-do” attitude with minimum resources.
- Display very good interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Have very strong presentation and reporting skills and can comfortably deal with more senior managers.
- Are guided by team and collaborative spirit, particularly in a multicultural environment.
- Can build strong working relationships and manage reporting at a Project, Regional and Corporate level with people of various cultures and nationalities.
- Have managed teams successfully.
Essential prerequisites include:
- University degree in Engineering. Master of Business in Strategic Procurement or Master in Supply Chain Management & Logistics.
- Overall 10 years’ experience in work related field, including 5 years as Procurement Manager or Procurement Category Manager. Desired experience in Category
- Management, Frame Agreements and Contract Management.
- Previous experience in EPC Marine Construction and/or Oil & Gas complex projects will be considered an asset.
- Proven experience with the Supplier Market in the Middle East and/or North Africa will be considered an asset.
- Good knowledge of ERP systems and any other related software.
- Fluency in the English language (oral and written).