Beat is a mobile app that transforms the way people move in their cities. Tap on a button on your smartphone and you get a ride in just a few minutes.
Beat started its life as Taxibeat, 6 years ago in Europe and 3 years ago expanded its operations to Peru where it serves millions of rides every single month. Because of its great success, it was recently acquired by Daimler A.G and will soon be setting foot across South America and Europe. Our next stops are Chile and Portugal, with many more coming soon.
Beat’s vision is to offer an affordable and efficient way for people to move in their cities.
How are we going to achieve that? By constantly growing our world class engineering team and developing projects such as car-pooling, automated and surge pricing. Sounds exciting enough? Find out more about this role below and let’s transform the future of urban mobility together.
Beat is a Product Development company that focuses on good, qualitative engineering. Our teams are responsible for designing, developing and delivering their products using the latest cutting-edge engineering tools and practices. Teams use different agile methodologies, such as Scrum and Kanban, to become self-organised and as autonomous as possible.
As a Product Manager at Beat, you will be responsible for the priorities and focus of your agile team, the short and long term vision for the products the team is building, and representing the squad as a communicator with the rest of the technology and product organization. You will understand the business, create smart solutions and play a key role in making sure we always deliver an outstanding product fast and efficiently.
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally, and as the primary technical contact for queries related to the product
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for product features so that they are clearly understood by the development teams
- Work with the stakeholders to analyze market data and align product roadmap to strategic goals
- Develop scope documents and define Epics/User Stories that guides our Agile Software Development teams
- Solve problems, make decisions, complete trade-off analysis to stay on track towards business development commitments.
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end to end customer experience integration and dependencies.
- Accountable for a created product(s), delivering in the product model and communicating the product needs with business stakeholders.
- Collaborate with stakeholders during the visioning and concept development of a product.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation
Qualifications & Skills
- At least 5 years of working experience managing and developing well-loved software products as a PM. You’ve had many experiences defining product roadmaps, building collaboratively with design and engineering peers, and shipping at scale.
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Capability of making and understanding the impact of complex prioritization decisions under pressure
- You like to talk to people about their challenges, and lead the priorities of a team delivering software/systems to solve the hard problems engineers face in the domain of scale and wanting to
- build new functionality quickly
- You enjoy focusing on the big picture and would love to look at Beat’s technology stack as a whole including architecture, maintainability, stability, etc
- Natural ability to make things happen around you. You manage project ambiguity, complexity and interdependencies in an organized and structured way.
- Great knowledge of the ride-sharing industry
- Be adaptable to change and able to execute quickly
- Tech-savviness and a continuous learning and self-development mindset
- Competitive full time salary
- Private Health Coverage on the Company’s group program
- Beat rides-travel in our city for free, at the tap of a button
- Breakfast, high quality daily lunch on a very low cost, fruit and snacks all day long
- Flexible working hours, top Line tools, Spanish Lessons
- Opportunities to participate in cutting edge trainings and conferences of your choice in Greece and abroad
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
- Being part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company