Papastratos, an affiliate of Philip Morris International Inc (PMI) since 2003, is the largest tobacco products’ producer in Greece. It employs directly and indirectly approximately 800 employees. 86 years after its establishment, Papastratos continues its successful course in the tobacco products’ market having talented people, outstanding international and domestic brands –such as the world leader Marlboro, the historical ASSOS and the innovative potentially reduced risk product IQOS– , a unique corporate culture, the know-how and international experience of PMI and its long history. In 2016 Papastratos was nominated as the “#1 Most Admired Company” in Greece, by the Greek edition of Fortune magazine.
PMI is the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the world’s top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). RRPs is the term we use to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. We have a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization. Because our RRPs do not burn tobacco, they produce far lower quantities of harmful and potentially harmful compounds than found in cigarette smoke.
Are you a change professional in the area of internal controls and auditing of established business operations, principles and practices? Do you have experience in finance and/or audit and willing to expand your knowledge with an international company and a global industry leader? Are you proactive, curious and willing to learn and further develop yourself? If yes, then we’d like to hear from you!
We are looking for passionate Senior Internal Controls Analysts who learn from challenges and international work environments!
- You should hold a University in Economics, Accounting or other Business related equivalent Degree. CIA, ACCA, CISA certification would be a plus.
- The successful candidate will have 5 years proven professional experience with at least 2 years in audit or Internal Controls area with a large multinational company.
- Excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of auditing and risks identification technics and ability to handle tasks with minimum supervision.
- Excellent command of English as well as good interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills and customer service orientation are mandatory.
- Advanced user of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) with proven ability to build concise and audience friendly presentations.
- Experience in SAP and project management would be an advantage.
We are looking for courageous and determined professionals to develop a challenging and rewarding career in a truly international business environment. You can join the most Unique and Innovative team and gain valuable experience and good understanding of multinational processes, capitalize your knowledge and develop many capabilities.
You will be part of a region Finance organization based in Athens.
In the context of your responsibilities, you will be supporting Greece & Bulgaria and you will need to
- Audit specific types of business processes, transactions, flows, primarily based on the Risk Assessment requirements and/or requests from local Management;
- Perform SOX related activities in order to ensure compliance with SOX regulations controls documentation, walkthrough, testing controls, reporting;
- Advise local management and business process owners in reducing business risks, in improving control environment efficiently and timely raise areas of concern for existing /future processes;
- Perform Internal Control Risk Assessment and monitor the implementation of established action plans;
- Promote organizational awareness and advise about the Philip Morris standards, company internal controls responsibilities and activities;
- Support PMI Fiscal Compliance Program or other specific Compliance related activities;
- Assist/guide all departments to identify, develop, document and issue their Principles and Practices, review them against local and PMI requirements;
- Perform systems monitoring & developments to ensure compliance with respect to data security, data integrity and users documentation;
Our Company offers you a fresh perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering. We take on-the-job learning to another level, giving you every opportunity to develop your career and reach your full potential inside or outside Greece. With innovative technologies, services, and processes, backed by a competitive salary and compensation package, you will work in a professional group of team members from all over the world.