Four Seasons has been ranked in FORTUNE Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work for since 1998. We’re looking for individuals with not only the right skills and attitude for the role, but also the passion to excel.
The arrival of Four Seasons in Athens is indeed a landmark development for the company and a statement of intent about how serious it is in operating top end leisure resorts in Europe.
Astir’s new owners have spared no cost in restoring this Aegean Goddess to every bit of her former glory and much more. The resort boasts not one but two hotel concepts, totalling 248 keys, eight eclectic food and beverage outlets and a myriad of luxury outdoor amenities including private pools, an exclusive beach, tennis academy, state of the art Spa and 58 luxury villas.
The Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel is looking for an Assistant Director of Finance to join the pre-opening team.
- Plan, organize, lead and control different projects and activities within the finance team.
- Establish a rapport with the Finance team and other divisions within the hotel.
- Have the ability to supervise the day-to-day duties of the Finance team and assist as necessary.
- Excellent understanding of Month-End Process including, but not limited to, preparation of financial statements, accruals and journal entries, maintain reconciliations for all balance sheet
- accounts in established corporate formats and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assist the Director of Finance in Forecasting/Budgeting
- Excellent knowledge of all local tax returns and other reporting as required locally is a must
- Ensure that monthly reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts are prepared and all bank reconciliations are countersigned by Director of Finance on a monthly and on a quarterly basis;
- Director of Finance approves all reconciliations paying special attention to reconciling items.
- Coordinate and facilitate external and internal audits.
- Require a working technical knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, Accounting functions, Purchasing and Food & Beverage control.
- Working knowledge is generally learned on the job or through a series of professional certifications.
- The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the EU
Qualifications & Skills
- A Finance or Hospitality Management Degree qualification is preferred, however, not essential with relevant experience.
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Applicants would benefit from some knowledge of Greek Labour Law and Business practices.
- Previous pre-opening experience is a plus
- Proficiency in Greek is a plus but not essential. English is essential
- Candidate should hold valid work authorization for the EU, though assistance can be provided for applicants outside the jurisdiction
- Excellent command of Excel and general computer skills
- Knowledge of Opera and Focus
- Strategic, analytical and have solid business acumen
- Highest level of integrity, transparency, and confidentiality
- Experience within the hospitality industry is a great plus
- Excellent understanding of the current Edition of USALI