The Business Planning Senior Officer will be joining the Group Business Planning team within the Unit under the Alpha Bank Group’s CFO and will be responsible for the drafting and monitoring of the Business Plans of individual entities of the Group, both in Greece and abroad.
The ideal candidate should possess excellent skills in financial analysis, critical reasoning and strategic thinking, while exhibiting excellent communication, collaboration and people management skills. He/She should be self-motivated, comfortable with dealing with ambiguity and able to deliver high-quality results within tight deadlines.
- Drives discussions and collaboration with relevant units or Companies of the Group for the formulation of the Business Plan
- Identifies and collects the necessary information from multiple sources and stakeholders, applying appropriate challenge and critical thinking, and performs respective analyses
- Synthesises input and produces projections of financial performance
- Draws insights from sensitivity, scenario and valuation analyses
- Analyses actual performance against projections and benchmark against competition and market trends
- Critically reviews potential deviations and assesses medium-term impact
- Develops proposals for potential remedial, improvement or structural measures
- Manages external support teams (consulting firms, investment banks) providing guidance and ensuring the quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Contributes to the implementation of regulatory exercises involving the Business Plan (e.g. Stress Tests, ICAAP/ILAAP etc.)
- Manages and develops his/her associated team
Qualifications & Skills
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or any other related discipline (MBA will be considered a plus)
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience in the banking and/or financial services industry, including experience in a major consulting firm
- Professional experience in the formulation of detailed Business Plans for financial institutions
- Prior exposure to regulatory exercises (Stress Tests, ICAAP/ILAAP etc.) will be considered a plus
- Well-developed people management skills
- Solid analytical thinking and problem-solving skills and high attention to detail
- Expert skills in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent command of the English language (both written and spoken)
Should you be interested in and qualified for the position, kindly send your CV to [email protected], quoting the reference code “BPSA118”.