At Qualco we make software and offer high value business services for the Credit & Debt Management industry. With offices in Athens, UK, France, Cyprus and Brazil, we serve over 70 clients in more than 11 countries and we keep growing!
We are looking for an experienced, thorough, and insightful Cost Controller to join our Finance Function. You will play a key role in leading cost management activity, analyzing costs, assessing vendor relationships to accelerate profitability and growth. Developing and maintaining cost management systems and working with various stakeholders during the reporting cycle, you will contribute to budget setting ensuring budgets are challenged and variances properly explained.
To succeed in this role, you should have an aptitude for efficiency, problem solving, and resourcefulness, with a deep commitment to the bottom line.
- Drive the process for the annual Cost Budget preparation, execution monitoring, and reforecasting, in cooperation with the Budget Owners and the Financial Controller;
- Explore trends and patterns through variance analysis on financial KPIs versus initial plans and prior period(s), while translating findings to actionable insights;
- Assist the Financial Controller for Unit Cost Analysis, Project Costing and Profitability Monitoring to ensure suitable performance targets are set and maintained per Profit Center;
- Partner with Accounting during month-end close to ensure timely and accurate financial results, through group-wide G/L health-checks and ERP/CRM/MIS reconciliations;
- Implement Cost Controlling practices and Vendor Management [Contract/Service Management, Cost Optimization and Synergies, Purchase Order validation];
- Roll out cost-saving programs with tight timelines and clear assessment goals;
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of costing approaches and cost drivers versus IFRS;
- Understand the entire arc of the business and how productivity impacts profitability.
Qualifications & Skills
- 2-4 years’ experience working in Accounting, Finance or Cost Control
- ACA / ACCA qualification is preferable
- Strong skills in MS Excel
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accounting Principles)
- IFRS working experience would be considered a plus
- ERP working experience (SAP, MS Navision) would be a strong plus
- Exceptionally well organization with an aptitude for data
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong presentation skills, able to explain financial concepts concisely and accurately
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting & Finance or relevant field strongly preferred
On top of challenging work and a competitive salary, we are offering:
- Private health insurance plan
- Mobile telephony and data plan
- Free coffee and beverages
- Educational expenses for courses, certifications or books