Are you the total guru when it comes to analyzing data? Is the use of statistical software a walk in the park for you? Do you dream of excel formulas in your sleep? Does the idea of working in the development team, within a cool online company fascinate you?
Well, then this role was made for you! Get ready to join the largest Online Travel Agency in South Eastern Europe, with a footprint that covers more than 45 countries, become member of the awesome Product Development team and work in our fantastic offices in the heart of Athens!
As a Data Analyst, you will be involved in challenging projects in the online travel industry. The position is within the Product Development department, having as main responsibilities the support of business decisions by providing analyses, insights and recommendations that will influence business performance. The role includes working with both technical (e.g. Business Intelligence, Development) and business teams (e.g. Commercial, Marketing).
- Evaluate content providers and provide support for increasing performance among them.
- Focus on data, performance KPIs, run continuous tests, measuring and taking action during or after the life of a test campaign.
- Plan and undertake advanced data analysis, using statistical methodologies (descriptive and predictive statistics)
- Apply predictive data modelling techniques (regressions, classification, clustering algorithms, etc.)
- Identify business opportunities together with internal customers, based on gained insights from analyzing customers’ and transactional data.
- Monitor data related to revenue and profitability from multiple distribution channels.
- Daily interact with metasearch specialists for optimizing provider configurations.
- Query data from internal data structures stored in relational databases.
- Give recommendations on data collection and integration requirements.
- Create reports and dashboards using BI reporting tools.
Qualifications & Skills
Knowledge and Experience
- University Degree in Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics or similar
- Minimum 2 years of analytical work experience
- Excellent use of MS Excel (using advanced formulas, Visual Basic, etc.)
- Experience using statistical software as SPSS, SAS, R, or web analytics tools as Google Analytics, Omniture, Adobe Analytics etc.
- Experience running queries and analyses in a RDBMS
- Experience with reporting tools like Qlikview, Tableau
- Excellent command of English, both written and oral
- Experience within travel industry will be considered an asset
Required Key Competencies
- Focus on details and information accuracy
- Self-starter, ready to take initiative, but also willing to collaborate to elevate the success of a team
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Able to handle increased data volume, work under pressure and process ad-hoc tasks
- Desire for continuous learning and skills improvement
- Can do attitude
- Work in an international, dynamic and fun atmosphere among young people from 21 different countries
- Huge learning experience in using best practices and cutting-edge technologies
- Challenging online marketing projects in an interesting and complex online travel industry