Beat is a mobile app that transforms the way people move in their cities. Tap on a button on your smartphone and you get a ride in just a few minutes.
Beat started its life as Taxibeat, 6 years ago in Europe and 3 years ago expanded its operations to Peru where it serves millions of rides every single month. Its great success was attested by the acquisition from Daimler A.G. and Beat is already establishing its position in South America with Chile being the latest new market and Colombia following soon.
Beat’s vision is to offer an affordable and efficient way for people to move in their cities.
We’re accepting these challenges by applying data, algorithms and machine learning to problems in logistics, routes, personalization, search and more. Our Data Science team is at the heart of this effort and is an essential ingredient in Beat’s aggressive growth plan and vision for the future.
As a member of our team, you will take on some of our biggest challenges and your work will impact the entire Beat experience, from making sure drivers are always available for all our customers, to helping our drivers utilize their working hours. Our team moves very fast, so you’ll have the opportunity to make an immediate difference.
What you’ll do day in day out:
- Solve complex logistics problems, so we can make our passengers happy getting from point A to point B the fastest possible
- Predict the future, like modeling pickup times and forecasting supply & demand in real time
- Personalize the customer’s experience, with the end result of minimizing the number of interactions between user and application
- Help utilize our drivers’ working time by being in the right place at the right time
- Identify many other interesting problems to solve
- Working closely with engineers, designers, product managers and operations teams to iterate on solutions
Qualifications & Skills
- Master’s degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative discipline. Higher degrees are highly appreciated as is considerable experience with Machine
- Learning, Statistical Analysis, Big Data Analytics in the industry.
- 2+ years of experience using statistical insights and software to solve real-world problems
- Experience with Python or R. Additional experience and competence in software engineering are preferred. Specifically, we would favour candidates with a strong engineering background and competence in Scala.
- Hands-on experience with SQL, NoSQL, and Apache Hadoop, Spark or Tensorflow.
- A strong sense of ownership in your work
- Good numerical and analytical skills with an excellent eye for detail working with qualitative and quantitative data.
- The desire to build, launch and iterate on products with limited direction
- Competitive full time salary
- Private Health Coverage on the Company’s group program
- Beat rides-travel in our city for free, at the tap of a button
- Breakfast, high quality daily lunch on a very low cost, fruit and snacks all day long
- Flexible working hours, top Line tools, Spanish Lessons
- Opportunities to participate in cutting edge trainings and conferences of your choice in Greece and abroad
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
- Being part of an environment that gives engineers large goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company
* The company has reposted this job opening in the past:
Data Scientist – Beat (09/09/17)