e-Travel is one of the top 10 online travel agencies in the world in selling flight tickets and one of the most successful start-up ventures in Greece. Launched in 2007 we have reached a gross sales volume of EUR 450 million.
We have a global presence with customers in over 200 countries and we provide multiple language and currency options. Our Websites are pamediakopes.gr,mytrip.com, trip.ru, trip.bg, trip.ua, trip.kz, trip.ae, avion.ro, airtickets24.com, fantasticgreece.com.
As a Data Scientist in the Pricing team you will be responsible for writing the math and the algorithms for one of the most critical components of our online commerce platform: the pricing & revenue optimization engine. You will delve deep into terabytes of data, create simple, beautiful models and algorithms and finally translate them into real-time applications, always with the help of your team members.
The Pricing team is an autonomous, agile, cross-functional, highly-motivated and metrics driven team composed of engineers, analysts, marketing and business people. Among others we use Spark, Scala, R, Python, Redshift, Kinesis and a lot of AWS services and we expect you to bring your expertise and favourite tools to the rest of the team.
- Understand the complex world of online travel & e-commerce.
- Dig into disperse and vast amounts of data.
- Develop elegant analytical models & algorithms that will improve our prices & bottom line profitability.
- Communicate your findings to the team and stakeholders.
- Put these models into production and measure the results.
- Design experiments, execute them and evaluate their results.
- Assist in the evolution of the team and the role itself.
- Advanced degree in quantitative fields (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, Economics, or related fields).
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis and ideally have experience on algorithmic trading.
- Excellent knowledge of applied statistics (descriptive, exploratory, inferential, predictive).
- Strong grasp of modern machine learning, data mining and data analytics techniques. Ideally, you have hands on experience with Big
- Data technologies and productionizing machine learning models.
- You will need strong programming skills (Scala, Python, R preferred) and BI/visualization tools (Qlikview, Tableau, etc).
- Experience working with real-world, noisy data and clearly presenting your findings.
- You have a strong business acumen, pay close attention to detail and are self-motivated.
- You take pride in your work as well as share your findings with the team and listen to their discoveries.
- Finally, you have excellent communication skills in English, a legal permit to work in Greece and any military obligations fulfilled.
- The opportunity to make a difference on the global travel landscape, by using & helping build cutting-edge technology.
- The chance to work in a company with a unique culture & creative people.
- The opportunity to grow professionally & personally while being part of a highly experienced and diverse team.
- A relaxed & fun environment where you can play ping pong with friends, have yoga lessons & take part in kayaking excursions and paintball matches.
- Attractive remuneration package based on skills and expertise.
- Complementary private health insurance.