Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
Arthur Guinness, Alexander Walker and all those many talented people that followed in their footsteps, cared deeply about the people and businesses they fostered, and the communities in which they operated. Today we stand on the shoulders of these giants and act with the same entrepreneurial spirit.
Our purpose, celebrating life, every day, everywhere means that our brands are part of celebrations big and small. We believe that living our purpose in full is to make the most of life – to be the best you can be at work, at home, with friends, in the community, and for the community.
Demand Planner is a highly visible supply chain role that will oversee the Demand Planning requirement process. This is a hands-on position responsible for executing Demand and Inventory plans that will enable the Country to meet Sales and Service targets efficiently to support journey towards Operational Excellence.
- Generating weekly and monthly statistical forecast
- Continuously improving forecasting techniques, method, and approach
- Assemble all data pertinent to creating the sales forecast (historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions, and eventually tier 1 account POS and inventory levels).
- Conduct current forecasting analysis, ensuring forecasting processes and methods are followed.
- Utilize best methods (statistical models and software tools) in creating forecasts and respective inventory targets.
- Make recommended adjustments to forecast and inventory levels following S&OP outcomes
- Manage inventory targets that are approved by management
- Monitor SKU Inventory levels and availability of products
- Monitor replenishment plan with Market Planners and manage overstock or out of stock alerts
- Overview of Agency Brands replenishment plan
- Inbound loads Management
- Rework Management
- Ensures proper set-up of replenished SKUs in system
- Management of stock reconciliation activities
- Monitor SKU levels and recommend SKU rationalization initiatives in the future
Qualifications & Skills
- Strong background in demand planning including commercial and operational background – Previous experience in participating in S&OP process within a country
- Knowledge of demand management/forecasting tools, forecasting processes in sales, marketing operations, finance, manufacturing and supply chain process
- Knowledge of key inventory performance metrics as agreed globally and applied locally – Collaborative skills in resolving long and short positions in inventory.
- Post Graduate degree in Business, Finance or Supply Chain Management
- Previous S&OP experience is important to be successful within this role
- Demonstrates a strong analytical and logical approach to problem solving that generates cost-effective and commercially viable solutions
- Demonstrates an accurate and structured approach to meeting goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Greek and English
- Experience in SAP APO is highly desired