We are looking for a seasoned event leader to join the Central Marketing Organization (CMO) in the Experiential Marketing Lead role.
The Central Marketing Organization (CMO) is the center of Modern Marketing excellence. The CMO brings our modern marketing vision to life, providing leadership and accountability to drive demand generation and create fans through a connected sales and marketing experience. The CMO provides Integrated Marketing and deep discipline expertise in Experiential Marketing, Social Marketing, and Analytics, working in partnership with the respective product and segment teams. The CMO supports all segments (commercial & consumer), products, and cross-product solution areas and maximizes the use of global content, focusing marketing investments in alignment with customer buying scenarios, and leveraging Global Demand Centers (GDC) and Global Engagement Programs (GEPs).
The Experiential Marketing Lead oversees and orchestrates successful Field event execution and ensures connection to Global Engagement Programs (GEPs). You will leverage data to gain insights to maximize business impact of events and drive ongoing portfolio and program optimization. The Experiential Marketing lead role requires a professional passion for modern marketing techniques and principles.
The Impact You’ll Be Making
- Event Strategy & Operational Excellence: Develop and manage event strategy for both in-person and digital events – that align across product and services – including process, systems and tools to optimize the customer and partner event experience. Drive adoption of the Global Commercial Events Framework by ensuring all local events align to the branding, content, and timing standards which will enable more seamless connection of local in-person events to GDCs/GEPs. (35% of time)
- Resource Management: Drive consistent adoption and usage of the Global Events Platform (Certain, On24, InExpo) for all local digital (Webinars and Virtual) events. Manages event team resources to execute and deliver on the global event strategy. (30% of time)
- Event Metrics & Insights: Drive adoption of the new standard event measurement/evaluation approach to enable more consistent event insights and optimization. Leverages business analytics and relevant metrics to drive business impact; acts as the Subsidiary’s SME for competitive event activities. Compile learning and share leading practices across teams to help achieve the most effective results. (20% of time)
- Event Discipline Leadership: Take a larger role helping organize in-person vertical events: 1: few event process for EBCs, MTCs, CIEs—in addition to Tier 1 and other events. Consults as the Event expert within the Area/Subsidiary on the contribution that events can make to the Area/Subsidiary’s business goals; advises the LT on the inclusion of events as part of the marketing mix, driving alignment across the entire Subsidiary in respect to this discipline (15% of time)
Qualifications & Skills
- 8+ years of related digital event marketing experience.
- Business/marketing analytics & digital marketing and social amplification desired.
- Understanding of marketing automation concepts.
- Experience in people management and managing vendors is required as this position will manage outsourced event logistics and production vendors to ensure event execution is aligned to business objectives and leverages the Modern Events Platform for the Area/Subsidiary.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) required. Master’s degree preferred. Business, Marketing or Communications field of study preferred.
At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences become increasingly important. Come explore diversity at Microsoft!