Our client is a leading company within the energy sector and is seeking a Financial Controller to lead a team of 3 managers and 17 employees in the finance & accounting department. This role requires a professional with strong leadership skills and at least 8 years of experience in the finance department as well as proven expertise in financial planning and analysis and IFRS reporting.
The company offers:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Private medical insurance
- Pension plan
- Company car
- Annual bonus
As a Financial Controller, your duties will include:
- Coordinates the preparation of the budget, monitors its implementation, determines variances between actual and budgeted data
- Coordinates and monitors accurate and timely preparation of
- Reporting on a monthly basis in compliance to International Accounting Standards.
- Evaluates and proposes action plans for managing the key balance sheet and profit components.
- Prepares and monitors the budget and cash flow forecasting.
- Assists in the coordination of the semi-annual and annual audit.
- Assists in Treasury activities and banking relations.
- Enhances and implements financial systems, processes, tools and control systems.
- Guides, coaches and supports the team of responsibility, providing feedback and developing their performance, motivating them and encouraging a teamwork mentality.
To be an ideal candidate for the Financial Controller position, you should have:
- University degree in Finance, Economics, or Business Administration, preferably at post graduate level.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant working experience in the finance department of a well-established company.
- Proven experience in financial planning and analysis and IFRS reporting.
- Very good knowledge of MS Office applications and professional experience with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent knowledge and experience in ERP (SAP) system
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Holder of A’ class signatory right.
- Very good numerical skills and analytical ability.
- Advanced, communication interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Results-orientation and efficiency.
- Strong people management skills.