Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Financial Specialist will report into the Finance Head, Greece and will support the day by day accounts receivable activities in cooperation with Finance Shared Service and local business partners.
- Ensuring communication levels with the customers at the highest standards
- Timely completion of month end close activities and reconciliations in partnership with Financial Shared Services, FP&A and the business
- Support in month end close call and for Balance Sheet review commentary
- Support internal and tax audits in AR area as needed
- Collects credit records, supports the processes of credit applications by FSS, and checks credit references
- Constantly support and maintain the relationship with the relevant stakeholders – Public Hospitals – in order to meet the deadlines and guarantee effective payment processes
- Develops reports of delinquent accounts and requests payment.
- Consistently maintains appropriate internal controls and upholds company policies & procedures including the Worldwide Controllers manual in the Accounts Receivable area
- Responsible for preparing analysis and schedules for local management and corporate Finance as well as internal and external auditors
- Active engagement with team members and develop best practice
- Ensure up to date on finance issues and performance
- Relevant experience in a large and complex international commercial organization in a similar role supported by FSS
- Knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting procedures
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry a plus.
- Degree in Economics or Accounting
- Good communication, networking and influencing skills -manage a variety of stakeholders at all levels effectively and confidently and proactively keeping FD up to date
- Able to work in in a high change and fast moving environment providing a solid support to FD
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, interact successfully with non-financial personnel.
- Strong Organizational Skills And Attention To Detail Required
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required
- Systems – Good understanding of Oracle ERP or similar ERP system
- Proficiency in written and verbal English is required.