With high-profile corporate fraud cases at the forefront of the news, it’s more important than ever for businesses to maintain the knowledge it takes to investigate and prevent financial crime. Detecting fraud is all about identifying potential risks – using trends and emerging technology to accelerate intelligent decision making. Our clients look to us for advice and services they can trust every time and as a Fraud & Investigation professional, you’ll be at the heart of that goal.
With significant recent investment, we’re experiencing rapid growth in this area. We’re working with leading anti-fraud and forensic data analytics technologies to develop innovative recommendations to some of the most challenging fraud and financial crime issues around. Since we work with such a diverse portfolio of clients across industries, you can expect to expand your knowledge in fraud, AML, disputes, amongst other services. In return, you can expect leading-class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You will be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities
It’s no exaggeration to say you’ll never be doing the same task for too long. You’re likely to balance your time between directly liaising with our clients to understand their needs and actively analyzing complex data. You will work on various engagements in different industry sectors in which EY is acknowledged as a market leader. As you build your knowledge and experience, you will become a credible advisor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire industries. That means thinking differently and speaking up with innovative ideas that challenge the status quo.
Skills and attributes for success
- Participating to the execution of a variety of projects, fraud investigations and forensic accounting analyses that will be delivered to clients and/or external counsel.
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams under the guidance of more experienced individuals and informing supervisors on the status of your assigned work.
- Performing engagements in compliance with the firm and industry standards and policies; constantly developing your understanding of our clients’ industries, identifying risks and opportunities for improvement.
- Interacting with client personnel and developing long-term relationships across a network of existing and potential clients.
- Understanding the business to provide tailored insights and demonstrating a commitment to continually improve our client’s satisfaction.
- Fostering an innovative and team-oriented work environment by maintaining cooperative relationships that lead to open communication and sharing information.
To qualify for the role you must have
- 2-3 years of external audit experience
- Professional accountancy qualification or working towards gaining one (JES, ACCA, ACA, SOEL)
- Excellent academic backround including a bachelor and/or master degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other related field
- Substantial MS office knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Greek and English
- Results-oriented approach with keen attention to high quality and details, self-motivation and desire to exceed expectations
- Eligibility to travel both locally and internationally
Ideally you will also have
- CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner) or CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) qualifications
- Data analytics knowledge
What we look for
We are interested in candidates with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. Naturally you will need a firm technical foundation, as well as the ability to translate complex information into meaningful, actionable insights. If you are looking for a role, where you will make a measurable difference across some of the most prestigious businesses around, this role is for you.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our rewards package includes a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being.
Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
- Developed system of performance management and career development that enables you to have the freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- Opportunity to work in an international environment