As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better.
Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. For you this will mean you have greater control over the work you are involved in and you will gain from exceptional training and coaching provided at EY.
Feedback is an essential part of what we do and this will be forthcoming in order for you to maximize your potential and be part of a dynamic team.
EY is looking for an Insurance & Actuarial Manager. As a member of this high profile team, you will make a significant technical contribution to Insurance client engagements and internal projects. You will actively establish internal and external relationships and identify and escalate potential business opportunities for EY within existing engagements. You will use your technical knowledge and analytical skills to help clients from Life and non-Life Insurance make strategic and operational changes about their businesses.
As the Insurance market continues to mature we are working with top international insurance companies on a variety of projects across Central South and East Europe. With our support you’ll build valued relationships with our clients and other members of Advisory team and will focus on high-impact opportunities and projects. This is an exciting time to move in to one of the top consultancies in this industry and benefit from the broad range of work we do and to be part of a bright, friendly and energetic team.
As Manager, you will participate in insurance transformation projects, IFRS17 implementations review of insurance liabilities, help insurance companies on compliance projects, prepare actuarial memorandums, provide actuarial advisory support, and give independent actuarial opinions.
- You will produce complete and accurate work by demonstrating strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with clients, EY Advisory Services along with other departments across EY
- Ensure that clients’ requests are acted upon efficiently and on a timely basis and that the engagement team meets the client expectations
- Good organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple complex projects under tight deadlines
- An ability to interact with teams at all hierarchical levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively within a team
- Ability to develop presentations that are clear and impactful, translating EY advisory services into meaningful valued propositions for clients
- Strong attention to detail with a logical and methodical approach
- Evidence of self-motivation to continuously develop in the areas of Insurance
- Excellent business acumen and commercial awareness
- To qualify for the role you must have
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant industry working experience (Life, Non-Life, Pension, Reporting, Investment)
- A bachelor and/or Master degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, or other related field with strong quantitative focus
- IT literate- as well as knowledge actuarial Modeling tool skills (AFM, Prophet, Moses, ResQ, Igloo, Remetrica etc.)
- Good knowledge of core insurance business processes
- Solvency II and Risk Management Knowledge
- Advanced business writing skills both in Greek and English
- A passion to provide high quality service to our clients
- Ability to work in teams
- Professional attitude and ability to work under pressure
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Qualified or nearly Qualified Actuary
- IFRS 17 & IFRS 9 knowledge
What we look for
What’s most important is that you’re dedicated to working with your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You’ll need to demonstrate enthusiasm, high motivation and passion to develop fast in a multinational working environment. You’ll need to thrive in picking up new skills and talents as you go, so natural curiosity, a lot of questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved are essential. If you’ve got the right combination of technical knowledge and communication skills, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
- We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Plenty of training opportunities
- A clear path of progression, tailored to your own unique talents and ambitions
- Exposure to colleagues and senior stakeholders across the business
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Εταιρεία: Ernst & Young