Deloitte provides audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. Deloitte Network serves four out of five Fortune Global 500 companies through a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries bringing world-class capabilities, insights, and high-quality service to address clients’ most complex business challenges.
In Greece, “Deloitte Certified Public Accountants S.A.” provides audit and risk advisory services, “Deloitte Business Solutions S.A.” financial advisory, tax and consulting services and “Deloitte Accounting Compliance & Reporting Services S.A.” accounting outsourcing services. With a staff of more than 600 and offices in Athens and Thessaloniki, Deloitte Greece focuses on all major industries including financial services, shipping and ports, energy and resources, consumer business, life sciences and health care, manufacturing, technology, media and telecommunications, real estate and public sector services. Deloitte Greece clients include most of the leading private and public, commercial, financial and industrial companies. For more information, please visit our website at www.deloitte.gr.
Due to our continuing expansion, we are currently seeking to recruit motivated, high-caliber Professionals to join our Risk Advisory Function in Athens.
Deloitte Risk Advisory offers a wide array of services, designed to identify and assess business and IT risks, determine acceptable risk exposure levels, design and implement controls, provide ongoing measurement / monitoring of the level of risk, provide follow-up and constant monitoring of the risk, as well as provide regulatory compliance services. We partner with clients in both an assurance and consulting capacity and based on increasing demand for our services, we are looking to recruit an Internal Audit Assistant to join our expanding team.
You will be given the opportunity to obtain a practical understanding and develop your knowledge on current internal audit practices, risk advisory and regulatory compliance services. Indicatively, the selected candidate will be involved in the following:
- Provide an independent evaluation of, and opinion on, processes, systems and controls and detail any required remedial action, where weaknesses are identified, with a focus on using best practice standards, frameworks (such as COSO) and various regulatory requirements.
- Be part of a team that performs specialized projects such as Sarbanes Oxley readiness and attestation engagements, Corporate Social Responsibility reviews, Risk Assessments, development of policies and procedures etc.
- Maintain detailed documentation of work undertaken.
Qualifications & Skills
- University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Finance or equivalent.
- Postgraduate qualification in Business, Finance, Accounting, Internal Audit or other related areas (desirable).
- Professional Certification (eg. CIA) will be considered a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both Greek and English. Required English language qualification: Proficiency of Cambridge / Michigan / City&Guilds
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Army obligations fulfilled.
- Focus on delivering work of high quality.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and strive for high ethical standards at all times.
- High level of discretion for confidential work and information.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity.
- Eagerness to learn and evolve.
- Well developed interpersonal skills and capacity to work effectively within a team.
Our organization offers a highly competitive remuneration package, continuous training both in Greece and abroad, medical insurance scheme, excellent career prospects and opportunities for rapid career development.