As Vodafone continues to evolve, our commitment to innovation has never been greater. Already the world’s leading mobile telecommunications company , our goal is to pioneer a world of total communications solutions, where fixed, mobile, voice and data will all become one. And with approximately 407 million customers to cater for across the globe, there has never been a better time to jump on board.
At Vodafone, we don’t just produce innovative products, we develop amazing people too. We’re a brand that loves change – if it’s not happening naturally then we’re creating it ourselves. It’s in our DNA to push forward, to create a better future, to never rest and find new ways that help people communicate. That’s the lifeblood that runs throughout Vodafone. We are driven to empower people.We are committed to helping our people perform at their best and achieve their full potential.
The role of Lead Data Scientist will be a key position within the Group Commercial, Big Data team in Athens.
The Lead Data Scientist will provide technical data science expertise and govern technical and methodology approach for the local market. They will develop key predictive models and products, and manage resources to execute against the rest of the local demand plan. The Lead Data Scientist will engage with senior stakeholders across the business to advise and provide solutions and communicate clearly to colleagues the value of Big Data to the local market, being seen as the local technical expert.
As A Lead Data Scientist Your Main Responsibilities will Involve
- Acts as the principal technical expert in the operating company, identifying opportunities to make a commercial difference and leads the development of analytics initiatives to meet business requirements
- Translates complex datasets into strategic insights for the business and communicates simply to non-technical audiences, visualising results, to create understanding and solution buy-in
- Develops analytics products to solve real business problems, taking account of user needs and technology and operational landscape
- Collaborates with a range of stakeholders in order to deliver commercial value
- Identifies new analytics trends and opportunities to drive the innovation agenda across business functions & Big Data Analytics community
- Supports the prioritisation of both internal and external data assets and works with technology in setting key requirements for data sourcing
Qualifications & Skills
As Lead Data Scientist your skills and qualificationswill ideally include:
- Experience in Big Data analytics & deployment of models and algorithms from large volumes of structured and/or unstructured data in a commercial /consumer environment
- Ability to test hypotheses from raw data sets, draw meaningful conclusions, and effectively communicate results verbally, in writing, and through effective visualization
- Comfortable communicating progress and outcomes to business stakeholders using relevant language
- Strong knowledge of Big Data technology (e.g. Hadoop MR, interactive SQL on Hadoop, NoSQL, Spark, R, SAS, SciPy, Tableau, GIS)
- Broad statistical modelling expertise in various domains
- Ability to work in cross functional teams to translate business issues into potential analytics solutions
- Master’s or Bachelor’s (or equivalent) in Quantitative fields like Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or Engineering
- Proficient in statistical packages and ML libraries (e.g. R, Python SciPy and NLTK, Spark MLlib, SAS)
- Familiar with leading visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlikview)
- Familiar with implementing data transformations and algorithms in common programming languages
- Strong communication skills with prior experience communicating analytics results to senior management
Our vision is to have an inclusive culture which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of the diversity of our people. Therefore, we want people from all walks of life to come and join us in the Vodafone family. We want to attract the best talent there is globally – whoever they are, wherever they come from and whatever professional background and experience they have.