In the aftermath of the global financial crisis, the financial services industry faces many challenges. The increasing need for dealing with complex finance and controllership issues are among the most high profile.
Our clients look to us as trusted consultants, and as a Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) professional, you will be at the heart of that goal. You will provide accounting advisory services, encompassing GAAP conversion and implementation; on-call financial reporting advice; accounting policy manual solutions; financing-related and regulatory support; accounting processes and controls support.
We are currently seeking a professional at Manager / Senior Manager level with banking and/or insurance experience to join the team. As FAAS professional you will have a great opportunity to expand your technical accounting and financial reporting knowledge and skills, work on different projects across the financial services sector and frequently work with other service lines. At the same time you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to the FAAS team during a time of exciting growth.
Your key responsibilities
The nature of this role means no two projects will be the same. You will work on the implementation of new IFRSs, particularly IFRS 9, relating to Classification and Measurement, Impairment and Hedge Accounting for banking and insurance clients, as well as on IFRS 4 for insurance clients, and develop propositions relating to application of new standards for the clients. That means you need to think outside the box, be creative and solutions oriented, challenge existing practices and be adaptable to change.
Skills and attributes for success
- Collaborating with FAAS Partner to plan engagement strategy/objectives, undertaking risk assessments and leading the engagements to deliver agreed plan.
- Developing and maintaining productive and long term relationships with client management
- Generating new business opportunities, understanding EY services and actively assessing/presenting ways to apply knowledge.
- Understanding Financial Services Industry and recognizing key performance drivers, business trends, emerging technical developments and impact to the clients; being visible in the marketplace and recognized as a quality service advisor.
- Leading by example, developing and mentoring engagement team members and conducting performance reviews.
- Using expertise in assurance methodologies to perform engagements in compliance with the firm and industry standards.
- Using technology to continually learn, share knowledge and enhance service delivery.
- A minimum of 6 years of professional experience in consulting/professional services or an operational role within a bank, insurance company or similar institution
- Practical experience with IAS 39 and / or IFRS 9 in the banking sector in the areas of impairment, classification and measurement of financial instruments
- ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent)
- Excellent academic background including a bachelor/master degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or other related field
- Professional experience in IFRS or US GAAP gained within the banking and insurance sectors
- Risk management ability and comfort in researching technical emerging issues (including regulations and industry practices) and writing technical accounting papers
- Excellent written and verbal communication in Greek and English
- Flexibility to travel in accordance with client and other job requirements both locally and internationally
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our rewards package includes a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being.
Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
- Developed system of performance management and career development that enables you to have the freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- Opportunity to work in an international environment