In the aftermath of the global financial crisis, the financial services industry faces many challenges. The increasing need for dealing with complex finance and controllership issues are among the most high profile. Our clients look to us as trusted consultants, and as a Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) professional, you will be at the heart of that goal.
You will provide accounting advisory services, encompassing GAAP conversion and implementation; on-call financial reporting advice; accounting policy manual solutions; financing-related and regulatory support; accounting processes and controls support.
We are currently seeking a professional at Senior level with financial services experience (ideally banking) to join the team. As FAAS professional you will have a great opportunity to expand your technical accounting and financial reporting knowledge and skills, work on different projects across the financial services sector and frequently work with other service lines. At the same time you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to the FAAS team during a time of exciting growth.
The nature of this role means no two projects will be the same. You will work on the implementation of new International Financial Reporting Standards in the Financial Services sector such as IFRS 9; perform research and prepare technical papers to provide advisory services to clients on complex accounting matters, primarily in the banking sector, on financial instruments related issues; participate in the execution of a variety of projects, regulatory driven reporting, general business process and controls advice. That means you need to think outside the box, be creative and solutions oriented, challenge existing practices and be adaptable to change.
Skills and attributes for success
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams under the guidance and direction of Managers and Partners and informing them on the status of your assigned work.
- Using expertise in assurance methodologies to perform engagements in compliance with the firm and industry standards.
- Adapting the audit approach to the changing client environment, demonstrating a thorough understanding of accounting/auditing concepts.
- Interacting with clients, developing productive working relationships and demonstrating a commitment to continually improve their satisfaction.
- Fostering an innovative and team-oriented work environment by maintaining cooperative relationships that lead to open communication; sharing information.
- Delivering presentations and using technology to continually learn, share knowledge and enhance service delivery.
- 3-4 years of audit or advisory experience in Financial Services Sector (banking, insurance, asset management)
- Professional accountancy qualification or working towards gaining one (ACCA, ACA, CPA,SOEL)
- Excellent academic background including a bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other related field
- Good IFRS knowledge and experience
- Ability and comfort in researching technical emerging issues (including regulations and industry practices) and report writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication in Greek and English
- Results-oriented approach with keen attention to high quality and accuracy
- Flexibility to travel in accordance with client and other job requirements both locally and internationally
What we look for
We are not just looking for technical accounting experience – we are interested in professionals with a creative vision and the confidence to make it happen; professionals who can integrate with and influence clients from a varying range of organizations, as part of a diverse and highly driven team. If you are looking to develop your career within a truly dynamic team, where you will make a measurable difference across some of the most prestigious businesses around, this role is for you.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our rewards package includes a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being.
Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
- Developed system of performance management and career development that enables you to have the freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- Opportunity to work in an international environment