At Welcome we are redefining the way people travel by offering them the most personalized and complete experience. From the moment our customers step into a new destination, till they get back home, we provide them with the warmest, most informative and friendliest transfer from and to the airport or port, equip them with all the necessary products they will need during their trip (sim card, tickets etc), connect them with hand-picked tour providers who match their trip profile for things to do during their stay, as well as stand by them for any information they need.
Welcome’s model is unique in a global level and our goal is to be the unquestionable leader for the category we are creating. We are already active in 9 destinations including Athens, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, and Rome, and we have started adding 2 new destinations per month. Only for this year we will service more than 200,000 travelers and we plan to surpass 1 million travelers in 2018.
Welcome has the highest travel customer ratings surpassing companies like Airbnb, and Uber and gathering hundreds of raving reviews. The company is well funded and has more than 20 exceptional team members all coming from international behemoths such as Expedia, Booking and others.
Our ambition is to create a truly global travel product altering once and for all the travel experience. If you feel you are one of those stellar A-players who can join our mission and help us expand Welcome in a global scale we are waiting to hear from you.
We are looking to hire a data-driven, tech-savvy Head of Partnerships, ideally with a background in travel, to oversee the growing Partnerships team. Your role as a Head of Partnerships will be to overview the performance of the current team, hire and manage remotely many more team members, improve current processes and set up new ones.
You will report directly to the CEO and founders. The Partnerships team will grow fast, to more than 15 team members in the next 12 months, as we plan to hire on average a new partnerships person for every 2 new destinations we open.
More specifically your responsibilities will be to:
- Manage the Partnership department which breaks into Hotels, Things to Do and Travel Products, and Strategic Partnerships.
- Continue to grow the Partnership team through recruiting, onboarding, and training
- Track KPIs and metrics per department and team member, create detailed reports and communicate results to the team and to the management
- Provide day to day coaching & professional development, including weekly 1:1 meetings, weekly shadow sessions, and routine co-selling
- Improve current sales processes and set up new that will lead to better results, by leveraging your deep knowledge on the subject and by learning from iteration
- Identify non-hotel partners who are strategically well-positioned to accelerate Welcome’s growth into the market and develop strong, long-term partnerships with such partners
- Identify issues before they arise, assess possible solutions, and execute on those solutions
- Outline the replication strategy for new locations, for every type of partner
- Gather product feature requests from partners and from your team, and suggest product updates for each partner type
- Be responsible for the partnership collateral and make sure that are as effective as possible
Qualifications & Skills
You are an exceptional people’s manager who is overly-analytical, results-oriented and process-driven. You have a history of managing local and remote sales teams, with exceptional results to showcase their performance. In the past, you have been an outstanding Business Development Rep, ideally in the travel space, with a very strong track record of successful partnerships.
More specifically we are looking for:
- Proven track record managing and growing Partnership teams with stellar results. Background of hiring, training, and enabling team members for success
- Very analytical and data-driven personality that is able to talk numbers
- A strong focus on building and improving sales processes by leveraging best practices
- Undeniable passion for Welcome’s mission and a clear understanding on company’s expectations
- Ability, knowledge, and hunger to step in as player-coach on a daily basis with team members
- A strong understanding of the hospitality space, and the ability to leverage this knowledge to facilitate partnership opportunities
- A strong history of senior leadership in planning and closing challenging domestic and international partnerships across multiple partner types
- A forward thinker able to develop new ways to do things and new approaches to partners and encourage other team members to do the same
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedule
- An amazing workspace, filled with energetic and hardworking people
- The tools you need to successfully perform your daily tasks.
- The unique opportunity to grow a small team to a large department for a globally unique product