Our company is about to embark on a multi-year ERP implementation and requires a SAP Project Manager/ Senior Analyst (SAP PM/SA) to lead implementation initiatives across the organization, as well as to support smooth transition of the new system / modules into operations.
The SAP PM/SA will join the internal PMO and will assume responsibility for all SAP related implementations, interacting on a daily-basis with multiple stakeholders (business users, IT, external implementation partners etc.), while being responsible for all technical and functional aspects of the new system.
During initial system implementation
- Project Management related:
- Facilitate project planning in detail, aligning customer expectations, project scope, cost budgets and managing risk.
- Monitor multiple sub-projects, identify risks and issues in advance and initiate appropriate corrective and preventive actions ensuring performance as per project goals.
- Lead multi-disciplinary internal project teams (IT & business).
- Work with vendor project teams, handle contract management activities and conduct quality assessment of external implementation teams’ deliverables.
- Support business users in UAT and supervise the Testing & Acceptance process.
After system’s launch
- Application Management related:
- Handle Service Requests related to the SAP system in place.
- Provide insights to IT support teams regarding SAP related issues.
- Monitor SAP service performance in alignment with the ITIL Service Level Management Process.
- Continuous Improvement/ Change Management related:
- Identify and evaluate industry trends to serve as a source of information and advice for upper management.
- Propose new functionality that will meet business needs.
- Gather business requirements and conduct analysis, supervision of internal/external implementations, participation in acceptance tests and in release management process.
Qualifications & Skills
- Undergraduate Degree in IT, engineering, finance or business administration.
- 5+ years of SAP related work experience.
- Previous experience as a SAP Project Manager in at least a full life-cycle SAP implementation project (from Project Preparation through Go-live and Support).
- Solid and detailed understanding of more than one SAP functional areas (mainly FI, MM, SD).
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, being able to build long-term relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of project management and software development methodologies such as PRINCE2, ITIL, PMBOK, AGILE, Waterfall, etc.