On behalf of our client, a multinational company, leader in its sector, we are seeking to recruit a high caliber professional for the position of Supply Chain Director responsible for the supply chain strategy of the business and its successful execution. Responsible for aggregate planning and inventory control, including timely delivery of resources, supplies and products needed to meet the objectives of the business at the best total cost and quality.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for enhancing internal processes and infrastructure, improving strategic planning, and overseeing the functions of supply chain.The candidate must have direct supply chain management experience, preferably in an retail company with high SKU count, with hands-on experience in demand planning, forecasting and customer satisfaction.
The role requires strong communication, organizational and leadership skills in a high-growth environment, and ability to operate at a fast pace, multi-task, and manage people and resources.
- Develop strategic and operating plans to ensure that the company has the appropriate resources to support current forecasted business and projected growth.
- Provides leadership and partners with key stakeholders across the entity to drive process improvement and meet business objectives
- Ensure healthy retail performance by monitoring real-time stock levels for our retail partners, anticipating seasonal and event-driven impacts, and encouraging retail partners to make timely re-supply orders in appropriate quantities
- Direct warehouse and logistics operations to ensure inventory accuracy and efficiency in material movement.
- Provides leadership to supply chain department managers through setting goals which align to the entity’s annual operating plans and managing the execution of goals
- Develops and communicates plans which ensure entity resources are optimised and service levels are not sacrificed and adequate inventory exists to support the organization
- Establishes and maintains measurable performance metrics for all levels of purchasing activities
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in a combination of planning, logistics, supply scheduling and/or inventory control.
- Minimum of 5 years supply chain management experience.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement and change management capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to positively motivate individuals and teams to meet or exceed project expectations;
- Effective operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Proven track record of achieving long-term objectives and successfully managing projects that require organizational change at all levels of the company
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills and abilities driven by data analytics
- Team attitude,eager to cooperate with others and exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to develop personnel and work groups into high performing teams by visible leadership among all levels of associates.