At Welcome we are redefining the way people travel by offering them the most personalized and complete experience. From the moment our customers step into a new destination, till they get back home, we provide them with the warmest, most informative and friendliest transfer from and to the airport or port, equip them with all the necessary products they will need during their trip (sim card, tickets etc), connect them with hand-picked tour providers who match their trip profile for things to do during their stay, as well as stand by them for any information they need.
Welcome’s model is unique in a global level and our goal is to be the unquestionable leader for the category we are creating. We are already active in 12 destinations including Athens, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Vienna, Milan and Rome, and we have started adding 2 new destinations per month. Only for this year we will service more than 200,000 travelers and we plan to surpass 1 million travelers in 2018.
Our ambition is to create a truly global travel product altering once and for all the travel experience. If you feel you are one of those stellar A-players who can join our mission and help us expand Welcome in a global scale we are waiting to hear from you.
We are working on expanding the Welcome Hotel and Travel Agent partners network in a number of countries, including Cyprus, Greece, Italy, France, Holland and Spain and are looking for an experienced Business Development Representative, who will identify growth opportunities, manage an efficient sales funnel and increase our partnerships in assigned cities. The position reports to the Business Development Manager.
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and a strong desire to contribute to Welcome’s growth? Do you have great communication skills and resourcefulness? If yes, you might be the person we are looking for, to launch new partnerships faster than anybody else.
- Generate new business opportunities and develop our sales pipeline
- Assist the Business Development team in opening new destinations
- Account Management for Hotels And Agents
- Outbound communication via cold calling and emails
- Organize sales calls and sales visits
- Negotiate contracts
- Identify industry decision makers and build relationships
- Share best practices and make recommendations to increase efficiency and effectiveness in partnerships closing
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and yearly KPIs
- Help develop sales strategies and messaging to increase new partnerships opportunities
- Collect market / industry feedback and translate it into new business opportunities
- Travel to attend trade-shows, conferences or other client meetings as requested
Qualifications & Skills
The successful candidate will have a proven sales track record, previous experience in high volume cold calling and a comprehensive understanding of the travel market.
- Fluency in English
- Experience in sales
- Advanced sales skills with the ability to think creatively when challenged
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Self-starter, team oriented with a desire to learn
- Strong computer skills
- Result-driven with an entrepreneurial spirit
Preferred skills and qualifications
- Fluency in a second language will be a plus
- Strong network of contacts in the Greek hospitality/travel industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Business or Marketing.
- Knowledge of related products, services and markets
- What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedule
- An amazing work-space, filled with energetic and hardworking people
- The tools you need to successfully perform your daily tasks.
- The unique opportunity to grow a small team to a large department for a globally unique product