blueground is a venture capital backed technology and hospitality company that offers beautifully furnished and serviced apartments to business travelers and expats for mid to long term duration (1+ months). The company has demonstrated an exponential growth consistently over the last years in the markets that is active: Athens, Istanbul, Dubai and New York City.
Based in our HQ in Athens, the Collections Manager will be mainly accountable for the centralized collection of outstanding accounts receivable from existing clients across blueground markets aiming at resolving customer billing problems and reducing accounts receivable delinquency. The ideal candidate will work on setting up and optimizing the centralization of our outstanding accounts collection process based on corporate finance and commercial strategy.
- Work on the standardization of the outstanding receivables workflow for all countries according to local legal framework
- Process outbound collection calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations
- Collect customer payments in accordance with payment due dates
- Review and resolve client-billing problems and rescue accounts receivable delinquency according to collection plans
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and forward to legal action according to business procedures
- Monitor outstanding collection reports and provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements
Qualifications & Skills
- B.A. in Finance or relevant discipline from a top-tear university
- minimum of 5 years of corporate collections experience including interaction with a large customer base
- fluent in English and proficient in Microsoft Office
- strong analytical and communication skills (both written and oral)
- self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency
- Market competitive compensation
- Opportunity to work in a fast-pacing environment and within cross-cultural teams