Trafigura is one of the largest physical commodities trading groups in the world. Trafigura sources, stores, transports and delivers a range of raw materials (including oil and refined products and metals and minerals) to clients around the world.
The trading business is supported by industrial and financial assets, including 49.6 percent owned global oil products storage and distribution company Puma Energy; global terminals, warehousing and logistics operator Impala Terminals; Trafigura’s Mining Group; 50 percent owned DT Group which specialises in logistics and trading; and Galena Asset Management.
The Company is owned by around 600 of its 4,100 employees who work in 61 offices in 36 countries around the world. Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, growing revenue from USD12 billion in 2003 to USD98.1 billion in 2016. The Group has been connecting its customers to the global economy for more than two decades, growing prosperity by advancing trade.
- Deal with a high number of low-value credit lines.
- Reviewing counterpart information (qualitative/quantitative) and recommending credit limits for approval
- Managing a portfolio of counterparts – tracking exposures against approved limits
- To review credit worthiness / write credit recommendations for certain companies specialised in shipping, bunkering and trading industry.
- Liaising with commercial teams to establish financial risks within the portfolio
- Speaking to customers to obtain information / understand their business profile verses peer group
- Work with Credit colleagues worldwide to manage exposures / set credit appetite
- Follow key developments in the energy markets, specific focus on shipping and trading
Qualifications & Skills
- 3-5 years’ experience in a bank or bunkering group
- Must be educated in finance, shipping or similar studies to degree level
- FLUENT in English
- Someone who is organised, careful, pays attention to detail, able to work in a high-pressured environment, dealing with a range of high priority issues
- Credit Department
- Chartering/Shipping Department
- Bunkering Department