Four Seasons has been ranked in FORTUNE Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work for since 1998. We’re looking for individuals with not only the right skills and attitude for the role, but also the passion to excel.
Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens is set to redefine the luxury hotel market in Greece and the Eastern Mediterranean. Following a complete remodelling and renovation, this iconic Greek resort will once again dazzle one and all who come to savour the crystal clear waters of the Aegean sea.
It is difficult to articulate just how big a deal this really is for Athens. Astir Palace is an institution that has transcended hospitality and tourism since the early sixties to become part of the fabric of Greek high society, politics and global celebrity. The sense of anticipation about its reopening is palpable in the community surrounding the resort but also among its competitor hotels who will once again have to contend with its awesome attraction for local and international visitors.
The arrival of Four Seasons in Athens is indeed a landmark development for the company and a statement of intent about how serious it is in operating top end leisure resorts in Europe.
Astir’s new owners have spared no cost in restoring this Aegean Goddess to every bit of her former glory and much more. The resort boasts not one but two hotel concepts, totalling 248 keys, eight eclectic food and beverage outlets and a myriad of luxury outdoor amenities including private pools, an exclusive beach, tennis academy, state of the art Spa and 58 luxury villas.
The Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel is looking for a Director of Revenue to join the pre-opening team.
The Director of Revenue is responsible for the interpretation of business analytics into tactical strategy – provides focused expertise that will guide and direct the hotel Yield Team through effective and measurable revenue management initiatives. The priority will be room revenue, with a growing focus on total revenue management.
Qualifications & Skills
- A Finance or Hospitality Management Degree qualification is required.
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Previous pre-opening experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in Greek is a plus but not essential. English is essential.
- Experience and strong knowledge of : Excel spreadsheets, pivot tables and other databases.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Lotus Notes, Word, PowerPoint, Hyperion Enterprise, IDeaS revenue management, Opera property management system, MicrosStrategy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be able to write clearly and effectively.
- Must be able to condense complex data into meaningful strategy.
- Ability to present contrarian viewpoint and gain consensus through business analytics.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet various deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage time effectively, accordingly handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Capable of working and communicating effectively with senior management in Home Office, hotels, and other subsidiaries.
- Must be flexible and dependable to work beyond a standard work day when required.
- Strong management skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Candidate should hold valid work authorization for the EU, though assistance can be provided for applicants outside the jurisdiction.
- Interpret business analytics into meaningful action to improve performance
- STR market share weekly analysis
- Travelclick Demand 360 reports review for future demand opportunities vs. comp set
- Revfinder reports of lead time, upsell, room type utilization, direct-3rd party mix, package and promotions performance, etc.
- Future leverage of analytics toward total revenue management approach
- Leverage IDeaS revenue management system
Opportunities to leverage demand and improve revenue performance are identified and action implemented via:
- Last room values / hurdle rates
- Unconstrained demand evaluation
- Oversell recommendations
- Group evaluations for revenue displacement
- Manage rates and inventory in all distribution channels
Availability and restrictions are appropriately displayed in all booking channels:
- Opera, ORS, OTA, Trust, GDS, Web
- Daily Transient Protected is updated in Delphi
- Approval of group blocks that exceed allotment and have potential to displace revenue from other segments
- Initiate pricing analysis and recommendations
Pricing is evaluated regularly to leverage demand vs. price equation to optimize revenue:
- Delphi minimum available rates (MARs) are updated according to expected daily transient demand levels for a rolling 18 months into the future
- Published competitive rates are evaluated daily using Rate360 and other competitive shopping tools
- Competitive consumption by price point is reviewed monthly using Agency360 Market Price report to identify opportunities for engagement at new price points
- Room Type Utilization report completed quarterly to evaluate performance of room type and possible shifting of premium priced categories
- Ownership of OTA Market Manager relationship
Leverage power of OTA distribution to hotels advantage:
- Weekly communication with OTA Market Managers highlighting both upcoming demand and need dates
- Attention to page placement striving for 1st page
- Ensure participation in no-cost marketing promotions
- Ownership of local merchandising strategies in distribution channels
Merchandising opportunities are leveraged to hotels advantage:
- Effective rate sequence on web, GDS displays
- Effective on-line room type and upsell descriptions
- OTA page placement and promotions leveraged
- New merchandising opportunities in channels explored
- Lead weekly Revenue Strategy meetings separate from Forecast Meetings
- Frequent and regular Revenue Strategy meetings ensure:
- Members are engaged in strategic business decisions and are informed to take action on emerging business trends
- Consensus among stakeholders on strategy
- Alignment of activities and efforts toward a common goal
- Monitor performance and look for opportunity to improve results
Leverage the Business Intelligence tool :
- Ancillary Revenue Performance
- Marketing Scorecard KPI
- Business Mix Trend
- Sell out efficiency
- Transient Contribution