Barilla Hellas wants to recruit the next Eastern Europe Logistics & Customer Service Manager based in Greece. The individual will report to Vice President Logistics and will manage a team of 4-5 people.
The Eastern Europe Logistics & Customer Service Manager is responsible to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of logistic services for EE cluster, by defining strategies / policies / plans / goals / systems, checking the budget, proposing and implementing projects of continuous improvement, negotiating contracts at central level and managing relations with Greek providers, in observance of corporate requirements and the guidelines given by the Superior.
The job holder is also responsible to guarantee the appropriate customer service level to clients, being responsible for the whole daily order operation from order to delivery and providing proper and effective answer to the day to day client issues related to the operative service; Ensure the periodic generation of requirement forecasts for the area of competence, in close cooperation with sales structure, in order to contribute to the realization of market service optimum level at the lowest possible cost to the Company; Coordinate the total Sales & Operation Planning in Greece and to be unique reference in Greece for Barilla Global S&OP.
- Guarantee the day-to-day contact center for customers’ needs regarding order management, delivery status, procedures’ implementation and administration issues.
- Evaluate and measure all complaints, take measures to resolve any problems arisen and prevent their recurrence. To maintain records of complaints and the respective remedial actions taken.
- Manage returned goods and stock handling so as to comply with the designated inventory level.
- Ensure, in collaboration with the Market structures, a mid-term and weekly revision of the defined requirement forecasts in order to determine the volumes of products needed per category, per SKU and per week in cooperation with Production Planning, by identifying the margin / inventory levels already included in the sales forecasts, the optimum levels of capacity backlog needed to cope with sales trend, in view of guaranteeing the level of service to the market and, at the same time, minimizing the costs arising from extra inventory and the risk of product obsolescence.
- Be responsible for formulating and checking the annual budget relative to the purchase of services of transport / handling / distribution for the area of responsibility, by gathering input, valorizing forecasts, analyzing trends and deviations, in observance of the guidelines agreed with the Superior.
- Support sales administration and reporting, SAP inputs update of Products & Logistics data for new products and / or changes.
- Formulate and assess the annual regional logistic costs budget with relation to all logistic activities (transport, storage, handling & distribution services) both outsourced and directly managed, checking, consolidating and analyzing trends and deviations.
- Negotiate and formalize short-, medium- & long-term agreements and contracts with the providers in order to fulfil market needs, to guarantee excellent service level to our customers, to contribute to the Company sustainability program and to obtain economic benefits, exploiting any possible purchasing synergy across the Group.
- Manage Logistics activities for both primary and secondary areas (Customs clearance, Warehousing & Transport).
- Manage direct employees in the function by motivating and developing them, with respect of single professional competencies, with the purpose to promote and assure individual actions and performance in line with company standards that will contribute to the realization of company goals.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience preferably in Supply Chain role with team management responsibility.
- Master’s degree in Supply Chain and Degree in Engineering (preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of English (written & spoken), MS Office and ERP (preferably SAP), knowledge of Italian is considered a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective communication with all stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills.