WATT+VOLT S.A. is a rapidly growing Greek provider of integrated electricity services with subsidiaries in Greece, Switzerland and Balkans expanding its activities constantly across multiple business development sectors.
Investing in pioneering technology infrastructure and the development of its human resources, WATT+VOLT is a continuously developing organization that adapts to the new needs arising internationally in the Energy sector with focus on the research and development of new services and products to offer reliable solutions to a broad range of private businesses and to the end consumer.Due to continuous growth, WATT+VOLT is looking for a dynamic and results-oriented individual to join us as Energy Market Analyst.
- Research European energy markets with a focus on Greek and SEE electricity markets
- Energy data collection from various sources (price curves from power exchanges, PTR prices, capacity availabilities from TSOs etc), storing and analysis to support trading decisions
- Develop and deploy price forecasting algorithms
- Propose and implement long-term OTC trading strategies and follow through with necessary administrative procedures (communication with counterparties, review and prepare contracts,
- perform settlements, process related invoices etc)
- Manage and update ETRM system and produce relevant reporting
- Prepare daily trading P&L estimation and reconcile with actual P&L
- Prepare weekly/monthly presentation as well as ad-hoc presentations for management
- Follow energy and commodity market news and evolutions
- Work effectively with the team of traders
- Report to the Head of Trading
Qualifications & Skills
- BSc and MSc in Mathematical Sciences, Computer Science, Engineering or Finance from an accredited institution
- At least 2-4 years’ experience in a related role will be considered as a plus
- Strong analytical skills, evidence of statistical/machine learning models and algorithms development
- Strong proficiency MS Office and databases, Matlab/Python/R,
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills
Candidates are kindly requested to apply till 30/10/17.