PwC in Greece is the largest professional services firm in the country, with premises in Athens and Thessaloniki and approximately 900 employees. More than 223,000 people in 157 countries across our network share their thinking, experience and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and practical advice. This enables us to provide top-quality industry-focused assurance, tax and advisory services to our clients.
We are one of the leading providers of Deals related services in Greece. Our Deals – Transaction Services team focuses on Buy-side and Sell-side Financial Due Diligence, Vendor Assistance services, Negotiation Support and advising clients on the financial aspects of legal documentation in the context of M&A Transactions (Share Purchase Agreements, Shareholder Agreements etc.) and special purpose assignments. Our client base consists of large Corporates, Private Equity and Financial institutions.
Due to the continued growth of our practice and consistently high demand for Transaction Support services, we are now recruiting Experienced Professionals in our Deals – Transaction Services team in Athens.
At Deals – Transaction Services you will have the opportunity to work with and assist our leaders with all facets of TS projects, participate in a collaborative team, with a focus on knowledge sharing and thought leadership, coach the Senior Consultants and Consultants on the project team and focus on building lasting relationships as a trusted advisor to diverse clients.
- Business development and engaging teams to perform proactive research on priority industries / clients;
- Perform risk management procedures including scoping, drafting engagement letters and project budgeting;
- Manage execution team in performing the required fieldwork efficiently within set deadlines;
- Identify key transaction considerations and provide suggestions for solutions;
- Manage the preparation of high quality deliverables and monitoring project economics;
- Review reports and actively contribute to drafting key parts with high impact and added value to clients;
- Assist clients in deal structuring, during negotiations and reviewing financial aspects of Transaction documentation;
- Coordinate and ensure smooth collaboration with other departments (such as Tax, Valuations, Commercial diligence teams) and other subject matter experts to develop and execute joint projects;
- Work closely with overseas colleagues on international assignments
- Drive focused interviews of management in order to identify / clarify potential financial and business risks, opportunities and / or synergies.
- Previous senior in charge / managerial experience in Assurance and / or Transaction advisory services (financial due diligence).
- A relevant professional qualification (ACCA, ACA, CA, CPA, IESOEL) completed or at final stages would be highly appreciated.
- A commercial and analytical focus in understanding a wide variety of businesses and value drivers.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills (both in English and in Greek).
- A team focused style with strong organisational and project management skills.
- Self motivated, confident and proactive; comfortable leading diverse teams.
- Commitment and focus on building client relationships – both with the Firm and externally.
- A flexible working style and willingness to travel occasionally for work.
- Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio etc.).
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
PwC is all about people, encouraging high performance and quality. At PwC, you will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged and excellence is rewarded. You will develop as a professional through our extensive training programme together with constant coaching and a working culture which fosters continuous learning.
We offer the prospective of being part of a global network of firms that provides challenging opportunities to enhance your career. Our firm offers a competitive remuneration package that includes an attractive base salary and benefits, and opportunities for rapid career development in a secure and challenging working environment.