We are looking for a seasoned Integrated Marketing Communications specialist to join the Central Marketing Organization (CMO) in the Marcom Go-To-Market (GTM) role.
The Central Marketing Organization (CMO) is the center of Modern Marketing excellence. The CMO brings our modern marketing vision to life, providing leadership and accountability to drive demand generation and create fans through a connected sales and marketing experience. The CMO provides Integrated Marketing and deep discipline expertise in Experiential Marketing, Social Marketing, and Analytics, working in partnership with the respective product and segment teams. The CMO supports all segments (commercial & consumer), products, and cross-product solution areas and maximizes the use of global content, focusing marketing investments in alignment with customer buying scenarios, and leveraging Global Demand Centers (GDC) and Global Engagement Programs (GEPs).
This Marcom GTM role will drive execution of the Area Marketing Plan, strategically aligning to the GDC GEPs, and in close partnership with Corporate and local product marketing teams. The role will also operate as the local SME for the GEPs aligned to the portfolio he/she supports (C&E, Office, WDG, OneMS) including the global content strategy and centralized demand generation plans to align and connect local marketing efforts. The Marcom GTM role requires a professional passion for modern marketing techniques and principles.
Additionally, the Marcom GTM role will operate as the local point of contact for the corporate demand generation team, and be responsible for landing and evangelizing the GDC marketing strategy locally, as well as providing local feedback and insights on GEP performance. The Marcom GTM role will partner closely with both global and local marketing stakeholders to build an effective demand gen plan to drive new contacts into GEPs, and partner with CMO Shared Services in Experiential, Social and Analytics) to align local executions across these channels and ensure all activities are set up properly in our tools and systems to enable tracking, reporting and local optimization.
As part of the CMO team, the Marcom GTM embraces the company’s Marketing principles, is a local Microsoft Brand Steward, and drives ongoing improvements in maximizing local marketing spend and driving marketing efficiency, marketing impact, and scale.
- Works across local marketing stakeholders to help land GEP content and demand gen execution. (40% of time)
- Understands overall program and content strategy, coordinates content reviews and approvals with local stakeholders to maximize local relevancy.
- Oversees local content production when necessary to augment the global content.
- Provide local feedback and insights to corporate marketing stakeholders. (15% of time)
- Manages the overall marketing calendar aligned to their GEP portfolio and ensures all relevant marketing executions are properly set up in systems and tools for tracking and reporting.
- Ensures 100% of local marketing activities are aligned to modern marketing platforms and processes. (10% of time)
- Partners closely with CMO Shared Services (Experiential, Social, Analytics) to land execution across our paid, earned and owned channels and leverages standard reporting dashboards to continually optimize performance across the marketing mix.
- Reports back to local stakeholders on demand gen performance results and insight. (35% of time)
Qualifications & Skills
- 5+ years of proven digital marketing communications experience, preferably in technology marketing, with strong marketing operations background.
- Experience working at a large global multinational a plus.
- Innate ability to navigate through a complex matrix organization and lead process changes.
- Change management leadership to guide others to plan, execute, and communicate effectively in midst of change.
- Thrives in a fast-paced connected sales and marketing environment.
- Must be inspired by Marketing Communications execution, particularly social marketing, embrace Marketing Automation concepts, and be obsessed with delivering a compelling customer experience through relevant, connected customer engagement.
- Marketing Shared services and digital agency experience a plus.
- Strong executive maturity, presence, and track record of marketing impact and influence.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills; proven cross-group collaboration and enduring partnerships.
- Strong analytical capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) required. MBA degree preferred but not required.