Founded in 1993, Trafigura is one of the largest physical commodities trading groups in the world. Trafigura sources, stores, transports and delivers a range of raw materials (including oil and refined products and metals and minerals) to clients around the world. The trading business is supported by industrial and financial assets, including 49.6 percent owned global oil products storage and distribution company Puma Energy; global terminals, warehousing and logistics operator Impala Terminals; Trafigura’s Mining Group; 50 percent owned DT Group which specialises in logistics and trading; and Galena Asset Management.
The Company is owned by around 600 of its 4,100 employees who work in 61 offices in 36 countries around the world. Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, growing revenue from USD12 billion in 2003 to USD98.1 billion in 2016. The Group has been connecting its customers to the global economy for more than two decades, growing prosperity by advancing trade.
To ensure proper handling of claims and endeavour to maximise profit and minimise loss for the Group Demurrage. Also need to update PnL chase promptly the counterparties, review contracts, process non demurrage claims.
- Demurrage analysis
- Process demurrage claim
- Update p/l (inform deals desk) – Ensure all income/costs are being captured in the p/l
- Review contract – ensure minimal or nil exposure at our end if possible (between counterparties & charter party/owners).
- Process non demurrage claim- Shifting / Port Costs / Bunkers / heating / speed up / deviation
- Reporting to the management
- Must be educated in shipping studies to degree level
- Fluent in English
- Someone who is organised, careful, pays attention to detail, able to work in a high-pressured environment, dealing with a range of high priority issues
- Understanding of basic shipping terms and oil tankers operation
- Understanding of shipping industry and specifically operations and claims department functions
- Excellent personal time management
- Good written and verbal communication
- Able to prioritise urgent issues that need attendance
- High degree of self confidence
- Diligent and thorough