PwC in Greece is the largest professional services firm in the country, with premises in Athens and Thessaloniki and approximately 1000 employees. More than 223,000 people in 157 countries across our network share their thinking, experience and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and practical advice.
We are the leading provider of Advisory Services in the Financial Services industry in Greece, assisting financial institutions in diverse areas, including financial and operational performance improvement, strategy and regulations, and risk management. Our clients are commercial and retail banks, insurance companies, investment firms and regulators.
In this dynamic environment we are now recruiting high caliber Senior Banking Consultants for our Financial Services team in Athens.
At Financial Services Team you will have the opportunity to work with and assist our leaders in all facets of financial services projects, participate in a collaborative team, with a focus on knowledge sharing and thought leadership, coach the Consultants of the project team and focus on building lasting relationships as a trusted advisor to diverse clients.
- Be a member of project teams, assisting in the preparation of project deliverables, reports and presentations.
- Incorporate findings and conclusions appropriately into a key issues oriented report delivered to our clients.
- Apply common sense / commercial awareness / knowledge obtained during the project to assess the quality and reliability of information supplied.
- Participate in proposal development efforts for client engagement opportunities.
- Support the project team and manage junior member towards the efficient and timely delivery of complicated assignments.
- Facilitate internal and external team and client meetings.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key client contacts.
- Working experience up to four (4) years in a consulting firm or in a financial institution in the areas of strategy, risk management, regulatory compliance or non performing exposures management. Specifically a candidate should have practical experience and/or capabilities in any of the following areas:
- Deep knowledge of Risk Management with primary focus on Credit Risk related areas covering both qualitative and quantitative components
- Market and liquidity risk management knowledge will be considered a plus
- Strong business acumen coupled with awareness and continuous update of regulatory developments in order to decompose them into strategic, business and operating requirements in banking landscape
- Understanding various application based solutions in one or more specific modules, as well as the common Industry issues facing banks
- Efficiency and effectiveness to contribute as key team member in the design and implementation of performance related engagements spanning from the design of target operating models to the efficient roll-out of business requirements in productive environment
- Knowledge of non performing exposures management and its related regulatory framework in terms of portfolio management and performance evaluation, segmentation, products and solutions, operations & systems.
- Bachelor and Masters’ degrees from top-tier universities in Banking, Risk Management, Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics.
- A relevant professional qualification (ACCA, ACA, CFA, PRM, FRM) will be highly regarded.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient user of MS Office.
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to express ideas in an understandable and engaging way, orally and in writing (in English and Greek).
- A confident and positive attitude, focused on teamwork and communication with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- Motivation and commitment to work hard and deliver high quality services.
- Military services fulfilled for male candidates
PwC is all about people, encouraging high performance and quality. At PwC, you will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged and excellence is rewarded.
You will develop as a professional through our training programme together with constant coaching and a working culture which fosters continuous learning.
We offer the prospective of being part of a global network of firms that provides challenging opportunities to enhance your career.
Our firm offers a competitive remuneration package that includes an attractive base salary and benefits, and opportunities for rapid career development in a secure and challenging working environment.