If you join Accenture, you can make great ideas happen for some of the world’s most dynamic companies. With broad global resources and deep technical know-how, we collaborate with clients to cultivate ideas and deliver results. Choose a career at Accenture and enjoy an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
As part of Digital practice, you will manage, architect and analyze big data in order to build data driven business insights and high impact data models to generate significant business value. Digital covers a range of industries creates models and processes to collect, distill and interpret data with a view to aid better, more informed decision making. Examines and explores data from multiple disparate sources with the goal of discovering insights which in turn can provide competitive advantage for our clients.
The Senior Data Scientist will be part of Accenture Analytics as a resources industry specialist (resources industry includes Energy, Oil & Gas, Chemicals etc.). He/she will be working with the team that identifies and develops advanced analytics statistical models, machine learning methods and solutions for Accenture’s resources clients to improve various business outcome indicators.
- Follow multiple approaches for project execution from adapting existing assets to analytics use cases, exploring third-party and open source solutions for speed to execution and for specific use cases, and engaging in fundamental research to develop novel solutions
- Create value for our clients by providing new insights from predictive statistical modeling activities
- Test theories by creating models and experimenting with data
- Design the models, algorithms and visualizations that help companies distill insights from huge volumes of chaotic data
- Involved in gathering big data. Formulating high business impact cluster or nodes and establish performance checks on the large data models
- Leverage the vast global network of Accenture to collaborate with Accenture Tech Labs, Accenture Open Innovation and Accenture Operations for creating solutions.
- Collaborate with other data scientists, subject matter experts, sales, and delivery teams from Accenture locations around the globe to deliver strategic advanced analytics projects from design to execution.
- Regularly counsel middle management on issues and trends affecting their organization.
- Lead and/or act as a key player in critical situations within area of expertise, either internally for Accenture or at client engagement(s)
- Use expertise to develop operable and cost effective solutions, review solution blueprints, estimates, conceptual designs, and/or other deliverables
- Actively contribute to Accenture assets/offerings, points of view, Knowledge Exchange, discussion boards
Qualifications & Skills
- B. Sc. from Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Physics or Mathematics
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. from Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Physics or Mathematics
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in resources industry (Energy, Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Natural Resources, Mining & Metals, Utilities or Power)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in various statistical and machine learning models, data mining, unstructured data analytics in corporate or academic research environments
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in statistical software (Python, R, SAS, Tensorflow etc.)
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to think creatively to solve real world business problems
- Ability to work in a global collaborative team environment
- Familiarity with relational databases and knowledge of SQL
- Familiarity with Big Data tools like MapReduce, Hive, Pig etc.
- Experience leading a team of data scientists in developing and delivering machine learning models that work in a production setting
- Competitive compensation packages
- Comprehensive training programs
- A stimulating and multinational working environment
- Very good career advancement